The League of Explorers is the next expansion to Hearthstone, and according to Blizzard, players will be exploring Azeroth’s archaeological sites alongside treasure hunter Brann Bronzebeard.
The dwarf’s team also consists of Reno Jackson, Elise Starseeker and Sir Finley Murgleton which are hunting down an artifact called the Staff of Origination.
There will be three parts – or wings – to the adventure, each one providing a piece of the artifact, per Polygon: Temple of Orsis, Uldaman and Stranglethorn Jungle. A fourth wing will take place at Hall of Explorers in the Ironforge.
Per the official website, here’s what players can expect:
- New Cards: The League of Explorers contains 4 wings packed with fiendish bosses, puzzling traps, and ancient mysteries for you to discover. When you overcome a boss or an encounter for the first time, you will earn brand-new cards for your collection!
- Legendary: When you defeat all the challenges in a wing for the first time, you will be rewarded with that wing’s legendary card – for example, Elise Starseeker!
- League of Explorers
- Class Challenges: The League of Explorers also includes nine all-new class challenges that task you with using a special pre-built deck to prove your skill. Succeed, and the new class cards are yours.
- New Game Boards: Immerse yourself in the adventure with all-new playing fields!
- Meet the League: Make friends with renowned explorer and fearless dwarven historian Brann Bronzebeard and the other members of the League of Explorers: dashing treasure hunter extraordinaire Reno Jackson, brilliant night elf scholar Elise Starseeker, and gentleman (gentle-fish?) murloc adventurer Sir Finley Mrrgglton!
- New Keyword: The League of Explorers introduces a new keyword that lets you do some digging of your own: Discover! You’ll treasure the opportunity to dig up cards and select the one you need the most!
- Heroic Mode: If you’re ready for a challenge, you can try taking on the Heroic Mode version of any mission that you’ve cleared. This extra-tough game mode is designed for players eager to test their puzzle-solving skills against incredibly powerful opponents. Bring your best deck and your sharp wits.
There will be 45 new cards to play with, as seen below, and the first wing will be released next week on November 12.