DICE boss: Death of PC gaming is “bullshit”

By Johnny Cullen, Thursday, 3 March 2011 19:46 GMT

DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson has said that any comments about the decline or death of PC gaming is “bullshit.”

Battlefield 3’s lead platform is on PC, with Troedsson saying it was time that PC owners got some love for once over console owners.

“I felt that we had, maybe, set PC aside a bit too much. I’ve said this publicly before, we were very unhappy that we were not able to get a PC version out of Battlefield: Bad Company. It was down to sheer manpower, or lack thereof. We felt that we couldn’t just bring out the Frostbite engine, and bring the game to consoles, and get the PC version out. We just failed there,” he told ShackNews.

“It’s something that we regret but it was a pure fact that we were faced upon.

“We fixed that with Bad Company 2. Now it’s Battlefield 3 and we thought, ‘Now it’s time to give some extra love to the PC community.’ But also, we strongly believe in PC gaming. Two years ago, maybe one year ago, people talked about ‘the decline of PC gaming.’ Or ‘the death of PC gaming.’ These kind of words were thrown around and, honestly, that’s bullshit.

“PC gamers are probably the most hardcore players we have out there. Sure, online gameplay has been on the rise on the Xbox 360 and PS3. There are a lot of hardcore online players there too. But on PC? That’s our core audience.”

Battlefield 3 was shown off properly for the first time at GDC earlier this week. Catch Steph’s written preview of the game through here.

BF3 is out this fall for PS3, 360 and PC.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments