What a day it’s been!
Loads of bombs were dropped on Cologne today, by way of Mass Effect 2 hitting PS3, Resistance 3 finally being outed, and an European release date given for Kinect.
MS starts the day off with Kinect, Reach, Fable 3 and Dance Central
Microsoft started things off first by letting folks play around with Kinect, Fable III and Halo: Reach.
VG247 was even able speak to busy Bungie man Brian Jarrard for a minute, who told us a bit more about the Corvette mode of the Firefight map in Reach; Lionhead’s Louise Murray told us about Fable III blurring the lines of morality; and of course there was the lovely news regarding Age of Empires Online.
You even got to see our very own Johnny Cullen doing an Irish gig with Dance Central – or at least something to that effect courtesy of No Doubt.
- gamescom 2010 – Microsoft Play Day liveblog is go!
- gamescom 2010 – Microsoft Play Day shots
- Louise Murray: Fable III blurs lines in morality system
- Halo: Reach – New video, Firefight’s “Corvette” revealed
- Brian Jarrard: Reach defines Bungie’s Halo
- Microsoft lists what’s coming to XBLA, Lara Croft DLC goes free for a bit
- Kinect launches on November 10 “across Europe”
- Age of Empires Online, Microsoft Flight join Fable III for MS gamescom PC push
EA pushes for the win with loads of announcements
It may be safe to assume, EA made every PS3 owner’s day by announcing Mass Effect 2 for PS3. Granted, Mass Effect 1 is not coming to the system, but at least the second part is, paving the way for Mass Effect 3, hopefully. We won’t put the cart before the horse on that one though.
The newest Harry Potter in the works was also shown, with the Weasley twins on hand to show off its Kinect features; Dragon Age 2 was given a date with an awesome CGI trailer to follow it; and there was some EA Sports stuff shown as well.
- gamescom 2010 – EA press conference liveblog is a go! go! go!
- Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Kinect compatible
- EA debut FIFA 11 gameplay
- EA announces Mass Effect 2 for PS3
- Dragon Age 2 gets a date and awesome video
- David Beckham joins EA Sports Active 2 team
- Need for Speed Limited Edition announced
- Crysis 2 gets Limited and Nano Editions
- Dead Space 2 screens show horrible space monsters
Sony proves good trains always run late, and crash websites
The event being held by Sony may have gotten off to a late start and crashed our site a few times, but for some out there it was worth the trouble, as one of the worst kept secrets in gaming was finally revealed: Resistance 3.
Not to be outdone by any one announcement though, Sony threw some inFamous 2 in there along with LittleBigPlanet 2, a new Ratchet and Clank announce from Insomniac, a date for GT5, some Killzone 3, and it revealed new PS3 SKUs.
- gamescom 2010 – Sony press conference liveblog is go! go! go!
- Sony announces new 320GB PS3 Move SKU
- Virtua Tennis 4 announced, supports Move
- Insomniac announces Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Resistance 3 finally announced in Cologne with trailer
- inFamous 2 Gamescom trailer hits
- LBP2 gamescom trailer shows off creation tools
- GT5 finally dated for Europe