Move over Harry Potter, Susan Boyle and Lady GaGa – there’s a new entertainment superstar in town, and it stomped all your asses in sales during 2009.
What is it you ask? Why, Modern Warfare 2, of course.
That’s right, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the overall UK entertainment champ of 2009, with ERA estimating that it sold 2,926,637 units before the close of the year.
This puts it ahead of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’s video sales by 732,937 units.
Even FIFA 10 landed on the entertainment charts for 2009, claiming the number three spot with 2,155,697 units moved, followed by Wii Sports Resort at number seven.
Here’s the 2009 UK Entertainment Chart top ten courtesy of MCV:
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 – 2,926,637 (game)
- Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince – 2,193,700 (video)
- FIFA 10 – 2,155,697 (game)
- James Bond: Quantum of Solace – 2,040,229 (video)
- Twilight – 1,815,543 (video)
- Susan Boyle: I Dreamed A Dream – 1,714,369 (music)
- Wii Sports Resort – 1,488,797 (game)
- Lady GaGa: The Fame Monster – 1,458,289 (music)
- Slumdog Millionaire – 1,383,838 (video)
- Transformers Revenge Fallen – 1,362,020 (video)
Modern Warfare 2 gets some map pack lovin’ on March 30 with the Stimulus Package hitting Xbox 360. PC and PS3 get it 30-days later.
Check the new screens out for it here.