Tag Archives: miyamoto
Mon, Dec 05, 2011 | 19:04 GMT
Thu, Jun 23, 2011 | 09:16 BST
Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed an HD Zelda title is indeed coming for Wii U.
Fri, Mar 11, 2011 | 17:20 GMT
Thu, Nov 11, 2010 | 20:35 GMT
Shigeru Miyamoto has said his favorite Nintendo game starring Mario was Super Mario World for the SNES, which likely has to do with finally being technologically able to give Mario a dinosaur companion like he always wanted.
Sat, Mar 20, 2010 | 01:01 GMT
Oh Miyamoto, you sly dog. You climb up on stage as we hold our breaths, and then ramble on and on until we drop to the ground gasping for air and wake up in the ICU. And as you saunter off the stage with your award in hand, all of our lung-straining effort appears to have been for naught. No megatons. Not even a tiny white flag that says “boom” on it.
As it turns out, though, good things come in small packages – not rambling speeches. One tiny tweet later, Pikmin 3′s back on the map.
Fri, Oct 16, 2009 | 04:08 BST
The Miyamoto floodgates have opened. Unless we explicitly say otherwise, you should probably just assume that any headline we post for the next 24 hours is a Miyamoto quote. (Miyamoto247? We think it has a nice ring to it.) This time, he’s talking HD graphics and Nintendo’s stance on them.
“I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pretty graphics, and if I’m a consumer that has an HDTV, I’d want to be able to play my games with nice graphics too. And I think as we’ve seen the penetration rates for HDTV increase, we’re going to see video games and Nintendo’s games move along in step with the progression of technology,” Miyamoto told IndustryGamers.
“But what I don’t think is necessarily true is that the graphics itself is something that’s going to make the gameplay experience better. So we’re still going to focus on the gameplay, but we’ll take advantage of the technology as it comes out.”
Wii HD confirmed. For 2019.
Fri, Oct 16, 2009 | 07:22 BST
Speaking with Joystiq, Mario maestro Shigeru Miyamoto admitted that – should the opportunity arise – he’d love to bring user-created content into Super Mario’s world.
“This is an area that I have a lot of interest in, and I think that the side-scrolling Mario games in particular are well suited to that idea,” he said.
“Of course the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series is one that’s made in North America by NST, but it’s one that I’ve been involved in and from early on. We did have a lot of discussions about how to enable that kind of level creation in that series.”
“And I think those types of interactive experiences are going to continue to broaden and we’ll see a lot more user-generated content going forward. I’ve always had an interest in those kinds of creative tools, so I will definitely be open to ideas like that in the future.”
Sackboy, you’re adorable and all, but it’s time for a real platforming hero to show you how it’s done. One who doesn’t control like he’s walking through jello.
More through the link.
Wed, Jun 03, 2009 | 02:59 BST
During today’s Nintendo roundtable, Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto said that Super Mario Galaxy 2 was originally intended to be a remix of the original Galaxy’s content. However, it was expanded into a full sequel.
A small percentage of the game — about five percent — is essentially composed of remixed levels from the first game. But really, only five percent? We’ll live.
Game’s out in 2010.
We’ll keep you updated as Miyamoto continues his talk.
Sat, Apr 04, 2009 | 18:03 BST
Star Fox creator Dylan Cuthbert has told G4 what he thinks about Wii and Miyamoto, and has said he’s not interesting in making another Star Fox game, especially for Wii – which he called a toy.
Even went so far as to say Miyamoto doesn’t care how core gamers feel about changes to Star Fox and just does as he pleases.
First off, Cuthbert said a Wii version of Star Fox wouldn’t work because of the controls.
“The Wii controller would be a bit too hard to use. I don’t know… maybe the new one [MotionPlus]. Maybe that’d be more fun to play with. I don’t know. The Wii is a bit more of a toy, I think.”
Then went on to say that changes from aerial combat to tank combat were not his idea, but Miyamoto’s.
“That’s all Miyamoto. Whenever I speak to Miyamoto about Star Fox, he says it’s not meant to be just a flying, sci-fi shooting game. It’s meant to be anything we want to think up,” said Cuthbert.
“But the core fans don’t want that, but Miyamoto doesn’t really care about that. He wants to make what he wants to make, so he just goes ahead and gets it done.”
More over on G4.
Tue, Aug 19, 2008 | 20:15 BST
“I would say the message is we were disappointed with our performance at E3,” said Dunaway.
“There were titles like Wario which we think will be really fun titles that we should have showcased. We were excited that Mr. Miyamoto made the commitment that Pikmin is coming. It would have been nice if we could have said that on stage.”
However she added Nintendo are still rooting for the hardcore: “But, we think it was a good recognition for us that we care for our core fans, and not just the new people who are now discovering Nintendo.”
Full interview through the link.
By Mike Bowden