Tag Archives: Battlefront 3
Mon, May 06, 2013 | 03:10 BST
Wed, Apr 10, 2013 | 19:21 BST
A report on Kotaku, which contains another video of the canned Battlefront 3, states that at one point, EA was considering a LucasArts buyout. However, labels president Frank Gibeau has said that is not the case.
Sat, Apr 06, 2013 | 16:41 BST
Free Radical co-founder David Doak has told Eurogamer Star Wars: Battlefront 3 may not have been complete when it was cancelled by, but it was “very far from a car crash and had interesting ideas.”
Mon, Apr 02, 2012 | 11:29 BST
Some industrious and curious folks have been trawling through the data on the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City disc and found what appear to be data files related to a Star Wars game that is likely Battlefront 3.
Tue, Feb 07, 2012 | 19:31 GMT
A job listing for Spark Unlimited as well as a resume posted on LinkedIn have caused Battlefront 3 development rumors to resurface.
Sat, May 15, 2010 | 18:41 BST
A massive rumor, and one not to get too excited over because – well it’s a rumor – has GameSpy accidentally outing Star Wars: Battlefront 3.
Sat, Dec 12, 2009 | 15:51 GMT
Casting director Chris Marazzo has confirmed to Battlefront 3.net that he has been working closely with Lucasarts on not only Battlefront 3, but the 2006 release of Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption.
Rumors started circulating this week regarding the project, so BF3.net contacted Marazzo and received this reply:
“Thanks for getting in touch. The Original Title was Battlefront 3 but it evolved into Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. However Battlefront 3 is also in development. It was by far the most fun and coolest casting I ever worked on.”
Marazzo also told the site that he would try and send over some Battlefront 3 storyboards “by the end of the week”. If you look at his portfolio, it states that he has “cast over 200 Commercials and various projects in NY and LA, including most recently STAR WARS: Battlefront 3 with Lucas Arts”.
Hit the links for more.
Meanwhile, we’ll contact Lucasarts and see what it has to say about all of this.
Fri, Jan 16, 2009 | 15:35 GMT
A very reliable “insider source” has told videogaming247 that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is heading back to Pandemic’s studios in Los Angeles, California.
Pandemic Studios and LucasArts developed the first Battlefront back 2004, with the sequel coming out just a year later.
However, inside of 12 months of Battlefront II’s release, Free Radical Design announced that it would be making a third title in the series. The project was dropped late last year amid FRDs financial difficulties.
We have contacted EA, who owns Pandemic Studios, but as of yet have not been able to reach the publisher for comment.
VG247 is told that this is pretty nailed on, so expect an announcement sooner rather than later.
By Mike Bowden
Mon, Jan 05, 2009 | 08:37 GMT
Happy New Year. We’re glad we shut down over Christmas. You didn’t miss a whole lot.
By far the most important story over the break was news that Free Radical cut its workforce by 140 to just 40.
The developer was confirmed as being in administration just before the Christmas holiday.
Speaking to 1UP, Cameron Gunn of administrators ReSolve Partners said, “We made around 140 employees redundant yesterday, effective 31 December (the date up to which they had been paid). We’re still trading on with the remaining 40 or so employees, have advertised the business for sale and have received some strong interest.”
News broke mid-December that staff had turned up for work only to be locked with a notice on the door telling them to adjourn to a nearby hotel.
Free Radical aside, other noteworthy Christmas news included confirmation that Mistwalker JRPG Cry On has been cancelled.
“AQI decided to cancel the project after analyzing the current market environment and forecasts for the future. We deeply apologize for troubling those who were awaiting its release,” said a company rep.
Cry On was apparently part of “Hironobu Sakaguchi’s triumvirate of Xbox 360 titles,” says this 1UP piece (the other two being Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey), and for those of you who don’t know, the game “was to be an action-RPG featuring a Nobuo Uematsu soundtrack [and] character designs by Kimihiko Fujisaka.”
Full round up below.
Fri, Jun 06, 2008 | 21:11 BST
Oh dear. The “rumour” of a ton of LucasArts employees being laid off appears a tad more solid after this post from Kotaku, in which a full list of development projects appears to have been given, as does a rather crass take on upcoming actioner, Fracture.
According to the site’s source, the following are currently lined-up at the company:
- KOTOR 3 (An MMO, and a joint project between Lucasarts and BioWare)
- Battlefront 3
- “The Official Indiana Jones” game
- “Another LEGO game based on the Indy universe”
- “A lightsaber game for Wii (without lightsaber peripherals)”
The now ex-staffer also called Fracture “an absolute piece of garbage” and said that The Force Unleashed is complete and has gone through SCEA approval.
More through the link.