Leliana gets back to her badass roots in Dragon Age: Inquisition

Thursday, 3rd July 2014 00:44 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Dragon Age: Inquisition sees the return of several familiar faces, although some of them may be a little more awesome than you remember.

dragon_age_inquisition_leliana_1

Although she always leaned towards the bard end of the rogue spectrum and is devoted to religion, it sounds like Leliana hasn’t lost the more shadowy skills she favoured in her youth as an assassin in Orlais. From her new profile page on the Dragon Age: Inquisition website:

“She has many names. Most know her as Sister Nightingale or the Left Hand of the Divine. To the rare friend, she is Leliana. They say she found faith amid darkness, and that her devotion to the Maker is matched only by her devotion to Divine Justinia V, a woman who is both mentor and savior. Those who have earned her loyalty know her as a steadfast ally. But enemies of the Divine know to fear her, for she is the shadow behind the Sunburst Throne—the one who watches and waits, who strikes when her mark is most vulnerable and least suspecting.”

For those unfamiliar with Dragon Age, Leliana was a party member and romance option in Dragon Age: Origins and the focus of prequel DLC add-on Leliana’s Song. She also appeared in Dragon Age 2 as a non-playable character, and played a significant role in the Mark of the Assassin DLC. Her backstory is rife with intrigue and lesbian love affairs, which is why she gets a free pass despite that embarrassing singing cutscene in DA:O and a tendency to get squeamish.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in October.

1. Obernox

How dare you insult her beautiful, bad lip-sync singing!

#1 4 months ago
  2. OrbitMonkey

And lets say you cut off her head in DA:O? Thats not cannon?

Way to invalidate my choice EA!

At least in my story her singing improved!!

#2 4 months ago
  3. Brenna Hillier

@Obernox oh my god I did not know where to put my face. What was BioWare thinking?? Ruined her for me, forever. Ended up marrying Alistair.

One of my favourite bits in DA:O is when if you choose to destroy a relic Leliana and Wynn go men-tile and if you actually manage to take them down (no mean feat) you’ve lost your healer and a great rogue. Consequential game design! So sexy.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Darkfield

I beg your pardon! The singing cut-scene was one of the high points of DA:O it was just awesome, you can’t just dismiss it like that Brenna. :|

#4 4 months ago
  5. ddtd

@OrbitMonkey They already rectoned Leliana’s death in Dragon Age 2.

#5 4 months ago
  6. bradk825

She’s the Liara of Dragon Age, I guarantee it.

#6 4 months ago
  7. Game Hunter

she was my romantic interest in DA:O.now with her in inquisition,I’m really on a fence.the seeker is not my type,and that elf rogue is lesbian.I feel like betraying my warden in DA:O if I end up romancing Leliana again.Damn you,Bioware!there are so many male companions in the game for fangirls but us fanboys get only 3 female options(I might be mistaken).

#7 4 months ago