Watch 7 minutes of Destiny gameplay in the Devils’ Lair

Monday, 28th April 2014 18:20 GMT By Phil Owen

In the wake of all this Destiny news today, we also have some new gameplay video to show off which features seven minutes of somebody invading a place called The Devils’ Lair. Check it out.

That can be you on September 9.

1. Luciferous

Still looking like a load of fun.

Although it is killing me not know what loot dropped D:

#1 7 months ago
  2. Dark

It looks very boring to be honest.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Erthazus

Good lord… this is so tedious and monotonous. The shooting mechanics with the controller is blerghawdawkdjawd… Not even funny from dying after this with a controller latency period.
    So far this is the game that follows Halo. A boring fest with boring shooting mechanics.

#3 7 months ago
  4. KAP

@2 & @3

When I first heard about this game at E3 I thought It be like Star Citizen where it has that totally immersive feel from jumping from planet to planet while having a customisable ship and lasnding on a settlement like fallout 3 where shooting doesnt have to be the be all and end all but it seems like it simply is.

Kool, I’m walking a strafing around the area pressing the trigger button longer then needed to defeat this foe. So fun……….. nah I dont see the excitement. I want to though.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Panthro

Sure this isn’t just gameplay taken from a new Borderlands being worked on?

Suppose the graphics are nice and it has guns and that shit gives console gamers boners, so it will sell

#5 7 months ago
  6. dazedonthemoon

@Erthazus
    Too be fair if you read a lot of Kotaku, you’d know that Patricia isn’t exactly into games like this. She’s way more into. Competitive multiplayer than cooperative ones. When I read that article it sounded negative from the beginning with constant comparals to Titanfall. The game isn’t Titanfall, nothing in that article sounded like she went in there with an open mind. Maybe she can compare it when Bungie shows off the competitive multiplayer part of the game but no ones seen that yet.

#6 7 months ago
  7. n3a

Is the commentator at the start of the video, Lance Reddick??

#7 7 months ago
  8. zombizmo

@Erthazus Yeah, how typical of you to take a negative preview from the one person who is known to not even like these types of experiences. Were the dozens of other positive looks not legitimate enough for you? But I’ll guess you’ll grasp at anything as long as you can post negatively about a console only game.

#8 7 months ago
  9. Erthazus

@dazedonthemoon Yeah. I read what she wrote. She says that Call Of Duty is adrenalin rush.. Blergh…
    But at the same time after watching a video not really excited. Missions like “Kill 15 enemies” are outdated.

#9 7 months ago
  10. RoboSeal1

Looks slow paced boring and dumb AI had such high hopes

#10 7 months ago
  11. dazedonthemoon

@Erthazus
    Well they said it was still in alpha and without any background story or tutorials they have to start somewhere. They were level 2. It may have easy quests like that or that may have been just for the journalists to test the game out. The Beta hasn’t even started. I’m sure the game is going to change constantly until release day. Bungie are known for listening to their fans and there dedication to a Beta on all consoles shows that.

#11 7 months ago
  12. dazedonthemoon

I don’t know about anyone else but i got such a good halo vibe out of this. and i love me some halo.

#12 7 months ago
  13. derpachu

Seems okay. The shooting mechanics relate to halo so much though. Mr hi king about it, guess that isn’t bad. We’ll see

#13 7 months ago
  14. jmg24bad

I’m not hyped for this game. But I still need to watch the new footage. Side note: Erthass seems a bit salty that it’s not coming to PC lol

#14 7 months ago
  15. Ekona

Have to say, this really doesn’t look massively exciting at all. I’m sure it’ll be great, but as a spectator game it’s definitely lacking the wow factor.

I dunno, maybe I’m just still so impressed with Titanfall that everything else just seems a little… Slow. Does look quite pretty, albeit a bit dark.

#15 7 months ago
  16. artursz1993

what’s the objective in this game? looks booring :(

#16 7 months ago
  17. bobnice

Although this video does look boring,I hope it isnt, I am looking forward to this game. I just hope it lives up to the hype. Kinda reminds me of halo and borderlands with a little mass effect biotic powers all mixed in.

#17 7 months ago
  18. harr0w

I’m not going to lie its not out on PC so I couldn’t give two shits about it.
    Another console shooter half-heartedly disguising itself as something much grandeur.
    Bungie how far you have fallen.

#18 7 months ago
  19. Agt_Pendergast

I don’t get it. What’s the appeal of this game again? I keep hearing about it as if it’s the next coming but that video, as others have already said, looks really dull.

#19 7 months ago
  20. ManuOtaku

I dont mind another game like borderlands or with some inspiration based on it, that is always a great thing. Especially if the developer is bungie you can say a lot of things of halo, but the multiplayer was great fun, it did offer something call of duty and battlefield cannot bring. I cannot wait for this way.

#20 7 months ago
  21. El_MUERkO

wake me up when it gets interesting, looks like a rip of borderlands that takes itself too seriously

#21 7 months ago
  22. Obernox

Looks great, but goddammit guys, PICK UP TEH LOOT!
    Also, they need to stop with the “Dramatic looking at things” It looks stupid in a FPS.

#22 7 months ago
  23. dazedonthemoon

It’s funny how you always see a bunch of new names pop up to rip a game apart that hasn’t been played by them yet. It’s always a game with a lot of hype. Hype brings haters I suppose.

#23 7 months ago
  24. Ekona

@dazedonthemoon Yeah, damn those people with opinions! Damn them to hell! And some of them even have the cheek not to be regular posters: It’s like as if VG247 is trying to attract newcomers to their site by posting up interesting videos of one of the most anticipated games of the year.

#24 7 months ago
  25. The_Red

After seeing the recent Evolve walkthrough, this looks simply dated.

The gameplay feels like a super lite version of Borderlands mixed with Halo Reach. The visuals are on par with a good looking 360 game and not something running on PS4/XB1. Yes, I know it’s cross gen but still… Finally, there is a the atmosphere, the setting and general feel of the world, which SCREAMS generic.

WTF happened to Bungie? Their Halo trilogy is one of the best sci-fi series in gaming. Halo 4 was a disappointment IMHO but if this is what Bungie can do these days, I don’t think their H4 would have been much better than 343′s. Hopefully I’m mistaken and this was just a very bad slice of gameplay.

#25 7 months ago
  26. Doppleganger

Very interesting how people all have different opinions.
    For me Halo 4 was the only Halo game I enjoyed, minus the horrible online weapon balancing.
    This gameplay video here felt fast paced and just flashing lights which isn’t my taste.

#26 7 months ago
  27. dkpunk

I thought Bungie said they were done making Halo games…

#27 7 months ago