PS Vita: almost every PS One classic & PSP game suddenly appears on Sony’s store – report

Tuesday, 22nd April 2014 08:46 GMT By Dave Cook

PS Vita players were surprised to find that almost every PS One classic and PSP title appeared for sale on Sony’s Entertainment Network store. It was an unexpected move, and it’s not quite clear if someone had pushed a button in error, given that some of the titles don’t work.

PS_vita_one_classics

The image above appeared on NeoGAF, along with posts from users who had found the PS One and PSP titles on the SEN store. Available games included the original Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, along with Gran Turismo PSP and Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Interestingly, the titles were not available through the PS Vita’s PSN store, and some games – such as Pocket Fighter – didn’t work on the handheld, suggesting that this was some kind of oversight on Sony’s part.

Here’s another grab, this time showing PSP titles:

PS_vita_psp_classic

We’ve contacted Sony to gain some sort of clarity on the matter, and we’ll update you once we know more.

Via DualShockers.

1. aseddon130

Burnout Legends now works on the Vita, im so happy!!!

#1 8 months ago
  2. The_Red

Rather nice. Even with Vita being a dead (Or near dead) system, these things along with avalanche of indie titles really make it tempting. There is also the call of Spelunky on the run.

@aseddon130
    I really REALLY hope they find a way to port / run Burnout Revenge on Vita. That game is the perfection of arcade racing / fun to me.

#2 8 months ago
  3. dazedonthemoon

@The_Red
    I love me some RPGs and there are more games in my backlog than any other system. And many more on the horizon. Vita, for me, is thriving and getting more support than I have time for. I don’t know if you own a Vita (sounds like you don’t) or just don’t like the genres that the vita steadily pumps out but it isn’t even close to dying.

#3 8 months ago
  4. aseddon130

@2 while I do like revenge I do believe Burnout 3 was better tbh, if they got Burnout paradise ported over id be in absolute heaven!!! Ha

#4 8 months ago
  5. rikesan

Any news on PangYa: Fantasy Golf being “released” on this batch of games?

#5 8 months ago
  6. Koncept6454

This is amazing, currently downloading all the Crash Bandicoot games and MGS1 for those long car journeys, when I get some money I will be getting all the Tomb Raider games too because my missus loves them and is generally the passenger in our journeys

#6 8 months ago
  7. Panthro

About time some actually decent games came to the new consoles.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Panthro

*The Vita

#8 8 months ago
  9. Michael Ireland

Can anyone confirm a list of what’s been added? Because I could have sown Crash Bandicoot has always worked.

#9 8 months ago
  10. Gamoc

Crash Bandicoot definitely always worked as I had it on my Vita a few months back.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Panthro

@Michael Ireland

I think alot of PS1/PSP games unofficially worked by purchasing them and transferring via USB from a PS3 rather than straight from the PSN store on the vita.

Now they are available via a straight download from the vita PSN store, I think.

Back when I had a Vita I had to do this for a few of the games.

#11 8 months ago
  12. Dragon

“Would consider buying one if I didnt already have a flashed PSP to meet my PSOne needs.”

Captain, we have a pirate incoming!

#12 8 months ago
  13. Michael Ireland

@Panthro That’s what I remember.

But I know for a fact that I was able to download Crash Bandicoot straight from the store pretty much from the moment I bought the handheld.

#13 8 months ago
  14. Michael Ireland

But hey, it’s more games for more people, and that’s never a bad thing. So yay!

#14 8 months ago