Beyond: Two Souls Director’s Cut coming to PS4 – rumour

Tuesday, 22nd April 2014 01:47 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Beyond: Two Souls may follow in The Last of Us’s footsteps by re-releasing for PlayStation 4, according to a scanty trail of Internet breadcrumbs.

beyond_two_souls

This one needs a fair bit of salt in order for us to swallow it, as the core piece of evidence has been deleted – but not before an eagle-eyed NeoGAF member spotted it and took a few screengrabs.

The images purportedly shows a programmer’s portfolio with code for Beyond: Two Souls running on PS4.

The materials make mention of a Director’s Cut Version and several deleted scenes that may be included in a re-release.

We know developer Quantic Dream has been working with the PS4 for some time, and even rendered a version of Beyond protagonist Jodie on PS4; you can see it in the demo reel below, but NeoGAF has stills.

The existence of these assets and materials, even if proved genuine, do not guarantee the project’s release, of course – developers often experiment with tech and propose ideas which are axed well before announcement.

That said, The Last of Us is on the way to PS4, so who knows what Sony’s up to?

Demo2013 v03 from hoya Lee on Vimeo.

Thanks, Shack News.

1. jomac3db

This would be great. I can’t wait for dark sorceror

#1 4 months ago
  2. jmg24bad

I think it is smart. Get your first party / second party studios to have ps4 games under their belt while still using games the built already

#2 4 months ago
  3. TD_Monstrous69

OK, if this turns out to be true, then this is just making PlaystationNow look more and more like a joke.

#3 4 months ago
  4. gomersoul

Not sure this will draw in the last of us money but still, more games for ps4 the better.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Rosseu

Wasn’t this a crappy game? I’m curious how it’ll look on ps4 though, as I played the ps3 demo and was impressed by the visuals (except indoors)

#5 4 months ago
  6. Kieran

Even with average reviews at least you can say its something differant and it does warrant a look I never got it because I was saving up for the ps4 but I hope it is coming to the ps4 I think id like it loved heavy rain

#6 4 months ago
  7. Rat

@Rosseu Actually Beyond is an awesome game . I’m yet to get a PS4 , but you guys should give it a try ! I played it on my PS3 and I think that it was one of the best games of 2013

#7 4 months ago
  8. Legendaryboss

Of all the games to remaster, Sony picks two (if true) less than a year old. Can’t complain about it too much tho.

#8 4 months ago
  9. Mike W

@jomac3db

Is this actually a game, I thought it was just a tech demo? :-\

#9 4 months ago
  10. Mike W

@Rosseu

Stop reading what other people think and be the judge for yourself.

#10 4 months ago