Battlefield 4: Naval Strike DLC delayed on Xbox One with no solid release date

Wednesday, 26th March 2014 08:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE delayed the PC version of its DLC pack Naval Strike yesterday, citing quality concerns. Today, the same is true of the Xbox One content.

A new update on Battlelog offers a new “early April” release window, and reads, “We wanted to provide more detail about the delay of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike. We have delayed the PC version of Naval Strike because we are concerned that the combination of the pack and planned PC updates would increase performance issues on mid-range to high-end PCs. We are working hard to resolve that issue now.

“Additionally, we have decided to delay the Xbox One version of Naval Strike because we want to address issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations. We know that many Battlefield 4 Premium owners wanted to play Naval Strike today. However, we didn’t want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content.”

The pack was supposed to release yesterday for paying Battlefield 4 Premium members. The subscription fee is supposed to include early access to DLC packs, making the delay some-what unfortunate for those paying top-dollar.

We’ll update once a new release date is confirmed.

Via Eurogamer.

1. Fin

Clusterfuck.

#1 4 months ago
  2. viperatedrko

I bet most people like me are so happy to be a PS4 player right now

#2 4 months ago
  3. OlderGamer

^^
    The game is a mess on PS4 as well. I rented and returned the game. The entire game bombtastic this year. Friends tell me that the xb360 is the best version, I don’t know. Too bad, I usually enjoy BF games. Not this year.

Prolly a lot of core shooter fans on XBO are playing Titanfall right now anyways. Quality or not, lest that game works…mostly…it was down for six plus hours yesterday(not the first time either).

#3 4 months ago
  4. Gekidami

The game is in no way “a mess”. I doubt it is on any platform but i know for a fact it definitely isnt on PS4.

#4 4 months ago
  5. OlderGamer

I stand by what I said Gek, I just played it last week. It is a mess. I was getting stuck on vehicles. I couldn’t get out of the water at one point. I would freeze. I would get shot and not die. It was in a word a complete mess.

#5 4 months ago
  6. dontbescaredhomie92

Well there’s always titanfall.
    Rubber bands like fuck on ps4 it’s a fucking mess, stop kidding yourself and play tita… oh yeah haha so happy to be an xbox/pc gamer right now.

#6 4 months ago
  7. OlderGamer

I am playing titanfall, it is boringly shallow. Six v six is not enough, and most of the time my games are four v five. Hardpoint is better to keep players focused. But most matches feel like empty arenas. That game was way over hyped.

#7 4 months ago