The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won’t release until February 2015

Tuesday, 11th March 2014 17:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released in February 2015, according to CD Projekt Red.

the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_05

Speaking in an open letter on the official CD Projekt Red website, the firm said it has “re-examined: what it has created so far, which ultimately made the team decide on a choice about the game’s final release date.

“The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious,” said the firm. “We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us.

“Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.”

CD Projekt goes on to apologize for the delay, but said the extra time will “prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us.”

“We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment,
the firm said.

The Witcher 3 was announced in February 2013 as an open world game 40 times as large as The Witcher 2 and 20% bigger than Skyrim.

The game will be released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

1. Edo

I fucking knew it!: :( .

#1 9 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

Oh no! Well at least we have a date and a delay :) :(

Well it will provide next gen and PC owners a chance to catch up on their backlog.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Erthazus

WHAT?
    NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!111

#3 9 months ago
  4. Erthazus

WHY?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

T_________________________T

#4 9 months ago
  5. Obernox

You can’t rush perfection.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Dark

NO PLEASE NO NOOOOOO :”((

#6 9 months ago
  7. Stephany Nunneley

@Obernox EXACTLY! While I am really disappointed, I understand. 100%.

#7 9 months ago
  8. Mike W

The game industry fucking sucks sometimes.

#8 9 months ago
  9. undermyrules

they are optimizing so the “next gen” can run at least stable 1080p at 30 fps…we dont wanna drops to 10 fps now would we.

#9 9 months ago
  10. Luciferous

If you know it isn’t going to be of awesome quality and you delay and be clear about it like this i have zero problem.

Plus i have more time to catch up on the other games – Love The Witcher 1, but i am cursed in that everytime i start it something goes wrong with my game… or with my PC and i struggle to be arsed to get back up to where i was.

#10 9 months ago
  11. Mike W

@undermyrules

Lol, maybe it’s going to be downgraded like that other game. ;)

#11 9 months ago
  12. Edo

Also Cyberpunk 2077 “not before 2016″ basically confirmed :( .

#12 9 months ago
  13. Mike W

I hope no other games get canceled this year. :(

Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age should feel this void though. :)

#13 9 months ago
  14. Hcw87

My 780ti better still be good enough for the game when it releases, it’s part of the reason i upgraded.

#14 9 months ago
  15. Erthazus

Look at that grass… Look at the wolf’s fur. Look at his gear with high end textures all over the place. A piece of art.
    2015. February at min.

#15 9 months ago
  16. PrinceEV

glad to hear it. be patient guys. they’re working on all 3 platforms at the same time. you want to play what? a buggy shit with tons of fixes in the first months of the release? btw, I’m sure it wouldn’t be released any time sooner than november 2014. so this delay isn’t that long. just about 2 or 3 months.

#16 9 months ago
  17. Prometheus

#17 9 months ago
  18. BeenThere_DoneThat

@15 Looks crappy to be honest.

#18 9 months ago
  19. Moonwalker1982

@Mike W Hell yeah. According to the most recent Dragon Age trailer it is still planned for Fall. Hopefully it will stay that way.

#19 9 months ago
  20. MFBB

Well we still have Deep Down, Lords of the Fallen, Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Age 3, Pillars of Eternity, Kingdom Come, Wasteland 2 , Grim Dawn, Torment: Tides of Numenera, CyberPunk 2077, Divinity: Original Sin…. and so on.

Year of the RPG 2014

#20 9 months ago
  21. Mike W

@MFBB

Please “puff” and “pass” whatever you’re smoking to think Final Fantasy 15 is coming out this year. lol :D

You know I was in my mid twenties when they announced that game, now I’m in my thirties now….. :(

So Square-Enix can suck a phat camel dick with that game.

#21 9 months ago
  22. YoungZer0

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    FUCK!

Worst. News. Ever.

#22 9 months ago
  23. Takeshi

2014 just got a little bit less awesome. I understand TW2 had its share of delays as well before getting released.

@Legendaryboss: Lol, not enough time in the world for me to catch up on my backlog.

@Hcw87: TW3 is basically why I got a rig lol, sucks pretty hard. Well, been enjoying other games.

#23 9 months ago
  24. fearmonkey

I’m not surprised, but I am saddened to see it pushed back to a little less than a year away….

Hopefully Dragon Age makes it this year at least…. Maybe there will be other RPG surprises at E3,,,,,

#24 9 months ago
  25. the Bridgeburner

While horribly disappointing news, I fully understand and support CDPR in this delay… Sublimity can take all the time it needs.

Now, while certainly a tier or three below, I hope Dragon Age: Inquisition at least makes it this fall as I’m going to need something to tide me over.

#25 9 months ago
  26. DarkElfa

@Erthazus HA!, that was gonna be my post, lol.

#26 9 months ago
  27. DarkElfa

Honestly, this is great news for two reasons, one, it means a better game with fewer bugs and two, it gives me time to bring up my PC specs a bit.

#27 9 months ago
  28. ChristopherJack

Darn, one of the few games that I was excited for. Oh well, beats being canned.

#28 9 months ago
  29. Druined

It’s terrible information for me. I want to play in two games created by Polish developers. The Witcher 3 and Lords of the Fallen. This both games promises to be great. I want to play in this two RPG Polish game. I hope it last bad information about this games.

#29 9 months ago
  30. JW23

It’s a shame that such a drag. To little unfair to fans of The Witcher. Ehhh, on the other hand, can better solution, because improve all the bugs. I just hope that Lords of the Fallen or Dragon Age will come out in time. I’m counting on it:D

#30 8 months ago