Thief system requirements released by Eidos Montreal

Saturday, 18th January 2014 15:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Thief’s system requirements have been released for PC by Eidos Montreal. Find out if your system is up to par below.

The recommended and minimum system requirements were posted on the Edios Montreal community website.

Minimum System Requirements:

OS: Windows Vista with platform update
CPU: High-performance dual core CPU or quad core CPU
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 4800 series / Nvidia GTS 250
DirectX: DirectX 10
HDD/SSD: 20 GB

Recommended Specs:

OS: Windows 7 or 8
CPU: AMD FX 8000 series or better / Intel i7 Quad Core CPU
RAM: 4+ GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD/SSD: 20 GB

Thief is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One at the end of February.

1. Tavarish

On top of everything Thief will be using Mantle and TrueAudio, techs that only AMD GPU’s support for foreseeable future. So will Thief be major case of “Best played on AMD GPU!” -optimization?

#1 11 months ago
  2. Erthazus

“Best played on AMD GPU!”

nah…

#2 11 months ago
  3. Panthro

Recommended an i7 quad core?

This game uses hyper threading?

#3 11 months ago
  4. sebastien rivas

The minimum requirement is amazingly low, is it for real?

#4 11 months ago
  5. Hcw87

AMD GPU’s have allways been best when it comes to price/performance costs. The R9 290x isn’t far behind the 780ti, and it’s way cheaper.

This combined with mantle may indeed mean that AMD may power ahead in the GPU power struggle. G-sync is just a minor convenience compared to Mantle.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Tavarish

@4 It’s Unreal Engine 3 after all as far I know

@5 Shame AMD likes to put vacuum cleaners as heatsinks on theirs GPU’s. Also Mantle can cause Nvidia to develop theirs own proprietary graphics API, I can’t see them jumping on to Mantle train too happily.

What then? 2 GPU’s / gamer so you can get acceptable framerates from different games?

#6 11 months ago
  7. pbvider

#5,I guess u don`t know much about G-sync…
    When u have to money to buy a better GPU u don`t care about price/performance,u go only for performance,u go for nVidia.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Erthazus

@5, Except the fact that AMD does not have interesting technologies like G-sync, PhysX, Nvidia’s shadowplay, 3D Vision, decent automatic-drivers, Nvidia GPUdirect, Hybrid SLI.

AMD has TressFX that is a broken ass phySX rip off and Mantle that is open source and still has not a lot of support from 3rd parties.

That’s why it is cheap. Because it has nothing.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Tormenter

With the cards on the market atm.. and i7 isn’t even nearly a requirement, an i5 is capable of the same performance of an i7, when paired with a good gpu.. There’s no reason to buy an i7 at all atm unless you have some major system to built.

Erth….. Mantle isn’t open source.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Talkar

You make it sound like that is a hard thing to utilize..

#10 11 months ago
  11. Tormenter

I don’t think he’s saying it’s hard to impliment.. more like it just never is.

#11 11 months ago
  12. SplatteredHouse

I really would like to see Square Enix release something (a video?) soon that will demonstrate THIEF running “as wild”. Until there’s real-world feedback, their insistence on narrative-cutscenes-as-hype-tool is costing them a sale. It’s firmly on wait for review status.

Grr. I just want to not feel as if I’m being asked to buy a name. In order for S-E to ABSOLVE the game of that suggestion, it’ll just have to put up before launch! There’s no way I’d pick this up sight-unseen.

#12 11 months ago
  13. jomac3db

Wth y’all talking bout lol. Game nerds for real

#13 11 months ago
  14. Tormenter

If you’re not, then why are you here?

#14 11 months ago
  15. jomac3db

To play the game lol

#15 11 months ago
  16. jomac3db

@9 don’t get me wrong, I love video games and I’m a true gamer, but y’all lost me in this convo

#16 11 months ago
  17. RussellGorall

I love the response on the PC community…

Everyone else sucks!!

#17 11 months ago
  18. NeoGalaxy

@8 You’re too frustrated dude, since even if Nvidia has xx technologies, all of them are useless for me and probably for sooo many others. What’s important for me is a decent video card at a decent price nothing more. G-Sync does nothing for me or for anyone else, you’ll find out sooner or later anyway if you see it at work. PhysX is for little kids who need useless things on their screen and play games for effects while Shadowplay is irrelevant to me, same with 3D Stereo.

To be honest I hope that the new Thief game will be decent because the old games were quite good. And restarts down’t work that well for games or movies thus I wait to see the game 1st and see if I like it or not.

#18 11 months ago