Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag gets first multiplayer DLC this week

Monday, 9th December 2013 21:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’s first post-launch multiplayer DLC pack arrives with this week’s console update, bringing three new personas.

As we expected from a leaked trophy list, the pack is called Blackbeard’s Wrath, and is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One this week, beginning with North American console updates on Tuesday; no word on a Wii U launch yet.

The pack adds three new characters for use in multiplayer, at leats two of which should be familiar to those who’ve thoroughly explored the single-player campaign:

• Blackbeard, wielding a sword and a short temper is not to be trifled with. His reputation as a feared pirate is justly received and his preferred kill moves include using his tremendous strength to throw his targets off balance and then quickly finishing them with one clean strike.
  • The Orchid, a Templar-friendly deadly assassin grew up in China, serving as a military advisor in the Quing dynasty where she honed her murderous skills. She executes opponents swiftly and gracefully with her katana, an extension of her mind and body.
  • The Jaguar, Cuali, an Aztec warrior from Mexico, took to the sea to fight against the Spanish conquest of Central America. A fighter, he survived the destruction of his community and joined forces with a growing contingency of native Templars who sought renewed peace and order. Driven by a mystical force, The Jaguar fights like his namesake, striking swiftly and quietly with his preferred weapon, a discreet axe.

Ubisoft also took the opportunity to remind us that it offers a Season Pass for Assassin’s Creed 4 DLC, which includes Blackbeard’s Wrath, the already-released Freedom Cry mission set starring first mate Adewale, the Kraken Ship Pack, weapons, skins, collectibles, and more upcoming single-player and multiplayer content.

1. YoungZer0

“Oh man, can’t wait to get this!”

- No one ever

#1 10 months ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Lol :)

I haven’t and won’t ever play one match of this.

Single player is okay though.

#2 10 months ago
  3. ddtd

Freedom Cry is out? When did that happen?

#3 10 months ago
  4. mxmassef

Why everybody are dithcing AC multiplayer. I`m propably the only one who thinks that the multiplayer is the best part of the game :)

#4 10 months ago
  5. Reddpayn

The mp is the true assassin experience. More immersive to fight against real players than bots.

#5 10 months ago
  6. TheWulf

I’m sad that there’s an assassin component about this game.

I wasn’t wrong about my feelings about that, or that the game is desaturated (which SweetFX fixes), but I was wrong in thinking that the game would be dragged down by poor development. If you avoid the assassin stuff as much as possible, then it’s actually a pretty good game. It’s the first Assassin’s Creed I’ve enjoyed since the first game (the others are pretty terrible in my opinion).

Honestly, I feel IV would have been pretty terrible if not for the ship sections, too. In a way, IV is like a modern envisioning of Sid Meier’s Pirates!, and that makes me happy. It also makes me listless and leaves me wanting, as I wish that Black Flag could have been its own game.

If only it hadn’t had that assassin gameplay (with more fencing-like swordplay instead), if only it wasn’t so desaturated, if only I didn’t have to wear that ridiculous bloody hood (I want a tri-corner)…

I would actually buy another game with these ship mechanics if they’d just drop the assassin part.

I really would.

As it is, I’m enduring the assassin stuff so that I can enjoy the rest of it.

Seriously, I’m hoping someone finds a way into the files to replace that stupid hood with a tri-corner. :I I’ll be that much closer to really liking it, then. Mods make everything better.

#6 10 months ago
  7. TheWulf

Can’t agree due to the reasons mentioned above. Frankly, I prefer The Ship, which Assassin’s Creed multiplayer was blatantly ripped off of and still isn’t as good as.

#7 10 months ago
  8. lagruej

I’d just like to correct the article… Freedom Cry is NOT already released. Already REVEALED maybe…

Although not a huge deal you just made me turn on my ps3 for absolutely nothing by spewing false information. It will release next week, on Dec 17th. Please research before writing things or copying and pasting, not sure which you did, but either way you did it wrong.

#8 9 months ago
  9. analouintegral

I Just love this game. I even downloaded the crack for multiplayer from this website http://www.cracksgame.org/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-multiplayer-crack/ just to play the game with my friends.

#9 5 months ago