The Last Guardian: Sony boss can’t “recall” what platform it’s on

Friday, 15th November 2013 06:22 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Last Guardian still doesn’t have a release date, but SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida made a very interesting comment about the long awaited Team Ico title during the Spike TV PS4 All Access event tonight.

As reported by Gematsu, Yoshida responded to a querstion about The Last Guardian by saying that he’d played it, and that it looked pretty.

Host Geoff Keighley then asked him whether Yoshida had played it using a DualShock 3 or DualShock 4; the latter would imply the game has been moved to the PlayStation 4.

“I don’t recall,” he said, seeming good-humoured about it.

The Last Guardian has been significantly delayed, and Sony has gone silent on the topic. Speculation is rife that the project was shifted to the PS4, accounting for the delay and various comments about technical difficulties.

During The Last Guardian’s development, Team Ico leader Fumito Ueda left Sony’s employ, but stayed on the project as a contractor.

The game is “not a priority”, apparently, even though we’re all gagging for it.

1. loveaya

PlayStation Mobile, please~

#1 8 months ago
  2. redwood

ahaha… awesome.. just awesome, we just can’t have a public event without sony dropping little (useless) info about this game. and yeah he could just be trolling, we ‘ll only know until something official comes out.

#2 8 months ago
  3. polygem

it desperately needs a new trailer but at least it still exists, ok.
    some people would be pissed if it wont come to ps3 (very understandable) others will be pissed if it doesn’t come to ps 4 (me included).
    nasty situation…

#3 8 months ago
  4. Bam007

My guess is that they dropped it for the PS3 and opted to develop it for the PS4. Maybe so, they are thinking of releasing it on both platforms, where the latter will have more content.

Don’t see the fuss about this game, but apparently a lot of people want it.

#4 8 months ago
  5. AmiralPatate

I still think it will be bundled with Half-Life 3.

#5 8 months ago
  6. mistermogul

Yoshida is having great fun teasing us all about this damn game.

Anyway I agree with Bam – I reckon it’s PS3 & PS4 bound…

@5 lol!

#6 8 months ago
  7. Joe Musashi

Can’t remember which platform??

Alarmist headline: “The Last Guardian coming to Xbox One and Wii U says Sony Boss”

JM

#7 8 months ago
  8. Legendaryboss

Liar!

#8 8 months ago
  9. Fragpuss

it makes me laugh how they say “we’re all gagging for it” i really couldn’t give a toss about it

#9 8 months ago
  10. TrickyAudio

I’ve not even played ICO yet. Its still sitting on my PS3, so… :)

#10 8 months ago