Destiny PS4: vehicle customisation, weapons & social features outlined in new video

Thursday, 31st October 2013 12:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Destiny’s PS4 edition has been discussed in greater detail by developer Bungie in a new video by PlayStation Access. The clip offers gameplay footage and dev chatter about vehicle upgrades, going off-world, social features and more.

During the clip, Bungie’s team stressed again that Destiny PvP will be optional, and you can choose to play a solo campaign if you choose.

But if you do want to get involved with others,the devs highlighted Bungie.net as the place to go if you want to squad-up and organise group activities within Destiny. Other than that, embedded social features are still unclear.

What to you make of the video above? Let us know below.

The Destiny beta is coming in 2014, and Bungie has stressed it is treating it like a full game launch.

Thanks NeoGAF.

1. VibraniumSpork

Oh Destiny, you good lookin’ son of a bitch…

#1 1 year ago
  2. fengato

Lordy I hope they can make this work.

#2 1 year ago
  3. polygem

probably THE reason i buy a ps4

#3 1 year ago
  4. VibraniumSpork

Has everyone got their Beta Keys registered btw? My local GAME still have a massive stack of leaflets and seem to be handing them out at request (even without a pre-order having to be placed).

#4 1 year ago
  5. Legendaryboss

Polygem has a love-in for Bungie, so cute ;)

#5 1 year ago
  6. stretch215

That was more of a destiny video than a “destiny ps4″ video. You do know it’s cross gen, multiplatform, right?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Legendaryboss

Dave knows but considering its a PlayStation Access Video maybe thats the reason.

#7 1 year ago
  8. stretch215

@7 yeah, I just saw that. After watching the vid and reading the comments I actually googled it to see if something had changed lol. It’s been a long morning…

#8 1 year ago
  9. TrickyAudio

Day one on PS4 for me. Looks lovely. Never fully got into Halo but I loved the feeling and setting.

#9 1 year ago
  10. the whole jay

Wai, we have to register them? i was saving it for when the beta comes out… I’m scared now that it will be useless. How do you register it?

#10 1 year ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@11 Dat trolling…

#11 1 year ago
  12. TheBlackHole

Didn’t know Hollie had gone to PlayStation.

Good for her.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Playmaker

Love Bungie for the Halo games including best Halo Reach.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Erthazus

I hate Halo with a passion with it’s retarded shooting mechanics and gameplay overall.

But this looks very good for the MMOFPS. I hope that this will work. They are with Activision and I know that these guys (Bungie) were at Blizzard HQ and they have an idea how to make a MMO game work.

If they will make Raids with this thing then it’s a hit for Me and will be a big reason to buy PS4 at launch. Not sure that they will have end content at launch… but… we will see.

I hope to see raids for 10-25 people and maybe some PC RELEASE FOR THE FUTURE BUNGIE. :3

#14 1 year ago
  15. polygem

#14+1

@10: yes you have to register over @bungie net. you will then receive an email from them later in 2014. then you can choose wich platform you will play and you´ll get a download code for either xbl or psn.

as a halo player this is weird for me to say but: see you in the beta…on ps4

cannot wait guys ha!

#15 1 year ago
  16. The_Red

I want to love both Destiny and Titanfall (Good teams behind them) but both of them are sadly multiplayer only. What a shame :(

#16 1 year ago
  17. polygem

@17: as far as i know you can play destiny completely alone. it’s not really designed as a sp game but as i understand it you can play it the good ol’ sp way as well.

“If you wish to, you can play Destiny completely alone, or you can go in with a fire-team of you and up to two others. ”

or do you mean this kills it for you? =*(

#17 1 year ago
  18. Max Payne

@17 I think Destiny is playable offline.

#18 1 year ago
  19. pcbros

This game is looking really good. I hope a PC release is planned, if not I might just get a console next year.

Btw, has it been confirmed that Destiny will not require a subscription fee? I don’t play any subscription based games.

#19 1 year ago
  20. polygem

well, you’ll need ps+ or xbl gold but not another gamespecific sub.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Erthazus

@19, it’s not. Destiny is MMOFPS/RPG hybrid or Online FPS/RPG hybrid.

@pcbros, Destiny does not require subscription fee but XBL/PSN require… yeah. Fuck it. But what can we do.

I want this game on STEAM where Online is actually Free and better in every aspect.

and Yes, Bungie talked about PC version, they just have nothing to announce… Yet.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Erthazus

I hope that this game will feature the same raiding system just like in World Of Warcraft. Maybe not at launch… But I want that to be confirmed.

and I still don’t understand about dungeons. Will they actually going to be instanced or not… So far they showed something with two players where you get sniper rifle and Thunderbolt but that’s not enough IMO.

#22 1 year ago
  23. TheBlackHole

@22 online is only good on steam when the server infrastructure is decent, and that’s not valves responsibility.

For all your strong opinions I sometimes wonder if you know what you’re talking about.

Xbone will be one to watch fir online with dedicated servers for all games.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Obernox

I thought this was coming on PC as well, seems like a no-brainer.

#24 1 year ago
  25. syabi

Destiny is a game of huge vistas, it will be disappointing if one can only explore a tiny part of it in the actual missions. I want huge open maps!

#25 1 year ago
  26. zoopdeloop

@26 It’s an open world game so…you can explore everything you see.Bungie already commented on that

#26 1 year ago
  27. The_Red

The last part of your post is my biggest problem but the focus on multiplayer is also bad for me. Outside Left 4 Dead, there hasn’t been a multiplayer focused game that I could enjoy for more than 5 min.

Sadly it’s not the case as Erthazus said. Having to pay for the MANDATORY online part of the SINGLEPLAYER (on consoles at least) makes things even worse.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Erthazus

@24, “online is only good on steam when the server infrastructure is decent, and that’s not valves responsibility.
    Xbone will be one to watch fir online with dedicated servers for all games.”

I wonder if you understand at all what is a SERVER or what are you talking about AT ALL because the amount of incredible “fantasy things”… Anyway I have dedicated servers since 1990 on the PC and not only just dedicated but cloud based already when you played peer to peer games on your current gen console.

I had twitch, i can create my OWN dedicated server if I want and I can choose my own server from any retailer that I want (they sell me numbers of players and location) or I can buy my own or make my PC my own server or use the server that provides me via games developer server as usual.

What MS does is a thing that was in 2000 for the PC gaming. Thank you Blackhole for reminding me that console gamers getting decent Servers for the first time for their life and 720p. Congratulations. Don’t forget to pay for the Online and don’t talk stuff what you don’t know about. Especially when it comes to servers because they are since the beggining on the PC. It’s the thing of the past.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Erthazus

@The_red, but the game is not a singleplayer man. It’s online from the beggining like in every MMO.

There are rules for that. So basically you can’t judge Bungie on that. There is a standard formula with MMO but in Destiny’s case you are bsically in the Instance. Your world is part of your instance where you can meet players sometime.

Guild Wars 1 idea and it is a great one if execution is right.

#29 1 year ago
  30. zinc

@The_red, They repeatedly have stated you can play this as a SP. Its YOUR choice to team-up, or join a pvp/pve event.

I look at Destiney as the result of a sordid Mass Effect, Borderlands, Halo orgy. Good stuff :)

#30 1 year ago