Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition arrives on PS4 and PS Vita in November

Monday, 7th October 2013 14:35 GMT By Dave Owen

As per recent rumours, Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition will be hitting PlayStation Vita on November 29, and on PS4 at launch. The Vita port is being handled by Armature Studios, who handled the Metal Gear Solid HD collection on Vita and the upcoming Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate, while the PS4 edition is in the hands of High Voltage. The Ultimate Edition is also coming to PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

“When developing Injustice on Vita, our primary goal was to make sure it could hold its own next to its console counterpart,” says the announcement on the EU PlayStation blog. It goes on to say that the studio “pulled out all the stops to push the PS Vita as hard as we could” to make this version of the game faithful to the original.

The Vita version will include ad-hoc multiplayer, traditional multiplayer over wi-fi, and will add touch control to Story Mode and some S.T.A.R. Labs Missions. The Ultimate Edition means both the Vita and PS4 game includes all of the game’s DLC.

The PS4 edition will cost £49.99, while the Vita edition will set you back £29.99. There’s no word of an Xbox One or Wii U edition.

1. Legendaryboss

Xbox One? Other Platforms?

#1 11 months ago
  2. Mike W

This has to be coming to the Xbox One

#2 11 months ago
  3. Dragon

So this was the game Armature was talking about.

It also seems WB, NetherRealm and Armature games have found Vita games are decently profitable. They wouldnt have bothered with this if past games like MK wouldn’t have sold well. Good news for Vita owners who like their output.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

Okay more details:
    The Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition launches for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Vita, Xbox 360 and PC on 29th November 2013. Microsoft’s next-gen console is nowhere to be seen.

Nor is there mention of a Wii U version – despite the original game launching on Nintendo’s console.

The Ultimate Edition includes all original game content as well as all DLC, which Warner said is worth £79. The Ultimate Edition’s suggested retail price is £50 for PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360, and £30 for PC and Vita.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

No Wii U version? Or Xbox One? But theres an Xbox360 version, somethings up.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Dark

Also it’s coming for PS3 , Xbox 360 and PC

#6 11 months ago
  7. Dragon

“No Wii U version?”
    Ya need a explanation for that? :D

#7 11 months ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Waiting for MK on PS Plus (Vita)…

#8 11 months ago
  9. Fethennour

No reference to a Xbox One version here either, so I guess it’s not coming out on this platform.

#9 11 months ago
  10. monkeygourmet

Haw Haw, scoff scoff scoff!!!!!!

#10 11 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

I want to see what excuse they could come up with, very certain it was rated for those platforms.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Fethennour

Oh, monkeygourmet, you missed the window : Mortal Kombat for Vita was free on PS+ earlier this year (february or march, if I’m not mistaken). Sorry.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Legendaryboss

LOL at this comment on Eurogamer: “Xbone Fatality!” :D

I wonder why that is?

#13 11 months ago
  14. Dragon

Looks like I touched a sensitive nerve! Poor platform apologists.

@12,
    Indeed. In December, before the PS3 version came in Plus.

#14 11 months ago
  15. DrDamn

I would guess they don’t feel they would sell so much on the X1 as it already has a high profile fighter in Killer Instinct.

#15 11 months ago
  16. monkeygourmet

Have a think about it…

It’s because it has no install base.

#16 11 months ago
  17. monkeygourmet

Balls. Are you sure that wasn’t the PS3 version? I can’t remember if I had plus then or not!

#17 11 months ago
  18. Legendaryboss

I know all the reasons why a game won’t come to Nintendo platforms.

“It’s because it has no install base.” And PS Vita does? Um? Okay…

#18 11 months ago
  19. monkeygourmet

They obviously deem the Vita version more profitable? Has the Vita seen the release of the original?

If not, maybe they think people will be attracted because Vita owners will view it as a ‘new’ game or it has connection features with PS4?

That and those potentials coupled with the fact that there are not many Wii U owners who would buy 2 versions of this game kind of shows you why they want to give it a miss. Seems pretty cut and dried, no?

#19 11 months ago
  20. fihar

Probably they just thought that it’s coming out on enough home consoles already but there isn’t a handheld version yet.

#20 11 months ago
  21. Legendaryboss

@19/20
    Okay, thanks.

#21 11 months ago
  22. lexph3re

Or maybe the studio Armature is developing exclusively for the PS4 and Vita? and Nether Realms Studios is releasing for the current gen consoles? Would make since for Sony to buy Armature’s services and pay nether realms to publish it.

#22 11 months ago
  23. Fethennour

@17 Yes I am, sir. I got both, PS3 version first, and Vita version a few months later.

#23 11 months ago
  24. FeaturePreacher

The vita sells more than the Wii U.

#24 11 months ago
  25. Legendaryboss

I know, but both install bases are hardly worth preaching about.

#25 11 months ago
  26. monkeygourmet

Update:

“Please tell me it comes on xb1 so I can sell my 360,” DLG1202 tweeted at Boon. Boon’s reply: “Um…. I wouldn’t sell that 360 copy…”

Then, after “C2CA_KILLA” pointed out: “Injustice sold the most on xbox. So tell me the logic behind no xbox one version?”, Boon replied: “Again… not as simple as that.”

It was a similar response to questions around the lack of a Wii U version of Ultimate Edition – despite the original version launching on Nintendo’s console: “It’s not as simple as that.”

So…..

Not as simple as that… Sounds like PS4 / Vita cross play exclusive or something.

#26 11 months ago
  27. pcbros

I can only imagine the Xbox One is getting a whole new game?

Unless this is Sony’s answer to Killer Instinct. Either way, I didn’t like Injustice on the 360 that much.

I want to see next-gen King of Fighters, Street Fighter and Blazblue :)

#27 11 months ago
  28. TF_PtMaster

This game is really good!!!! But if it was MK9… Fatality!!!!!

Nice deal for PS4

#28 11 months ago
  29. Juice_Man101

I knew waiting for a vita version would pay off but now I want it on ps4…

#29 11 months ago
  30. Fethennour

And another fudging bot… Man, they’re everywhere. :/

@27 Do not forget the return of the Guilty Gear franchise on PS4 ;) Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN is making its way to the next gen ^^

#30 11 months ago
  31. pcbros

I never got into Guilty Gear but I’m assuming it’s similar to Blazblue?

As for true 3D fighters, I want Virtua Fighter. I’ll even take the original at 60fps @ 1080p! :D Current 3D fighters have become circus acts.

#31 11 months ago
  32. stamps79

With KI a launch title, it only makes sense not to have it in the launch window with XB1. I’m sure we will see it in December or early next year on XB1.

I wouldn’t mind picking this up for the vita. =)

#32 11 months ago
  33. pcbros

^^^ True. I’m sure they will get a special version with DLC to make up for the delayed release.

On a quick side note, does anybody know why Sega has not released the Virtua Fighter series to Steam (PC)? They have the 2D Genesis version, other Sega games but no Virtua Fighter :(

#33 11 months ago
  34. Clupula

Well, we know that Microsoft have rules against getting late ports, so that’s one factor against an XBone version.

Couple that with Sony getting the next BlazBlue, exclusively on PS3, the next Guilty Gear, exclusively on PS3 and PS4, the free to play DOA5U and Tekken, and now this, and I wonder if Sony are making an effort to try to seize one of their more popular genres right away.

Injustice selling more on 360 was an exception to how fighting games usually sell, after all (as were vanilla SF4 and Soul Calibur IV), since fighting games almost often sell more on PS3 than 360.

#34 11 months ago
  35. pcbros

@34 – I didn’t think the next BlazBlue was a PS3 exclusive. I know the first two releases came out on the Xbox 360 as well. Where did you read that?

#35 11 months ago
  36. pcbros

@34 – Nevermind, I just found it. That’s a nice exclusive Sony picked up!

#36 11 months ago
  37. Clupula

@35 In several interviews and at E3, they’ve confirmed that it as, indeed, a PS3 exclusive and then at the Tokyo Game Show, they confirmed that Guilty Gear will be a Playstation exclusive, as well.

I’m assuming money changed hands because when asked why there is no Western 360 release, in one interview, the producer of the game said, “It’s out of our hands.”

#37 11 months ago
  38. The_Red

They better have done some serious improvements to the graphics of PS4 version. I loved the gameplay (mostly) but the visuals were doing DC universe an “injustice”…

#38 11 months ago
  39. Fethennour

Warner Bros have confirmed that the game will not be released on Xbox One : http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/injustice_gods_among_us/news/injustice_gods_among_us_ultimate_edition_heading_to_ps4_at_launch_2.html

#39 11 months ago