Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition contents confirmed, dated & priced

Wednesday, 28th August 2013 13:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2 will receive a GOTY edition in October that includes all of the game’s current DLC.

2K Games just confirmed the pack’s October 11 release on Twitter, and we also received a press release that confirms the pricing as £29.99 on PC and £39.99 console.

The bundle includes:

• Borderlands 2 Main Game;
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty;
  • Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage;
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt;
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep;
  • Creature Slaughter Dome;
  • Premiere Club Content:
  • Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class;
  • Gearbox Gun Pack;
  • Golden Key;
  • Vault Hunter’s Relic;
  • Krieg, the Psycho Character Class;
  • Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins;
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1.

In a statement, Gearbox Software head Randy Pitchford said, “For us and for fans, the love for Borderlands 2 has been nothing short of spectacular, so it’s natural for us here at Gearbox Software to want everyone else to have a chance to experience the best-selling game and its most valuable expansion content.

“The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition offers more value than ever before in one package, giving everyone an opportunity to become a legendary Vault Hunter, and join in the award winning mayhem and fun.”

So then, who’s buying?

1. Asgaro

I recently bought Borderlands 2 for € 9.99. Haven’t yet had the time to play it though since I’m first completing other Steam games…

I assumed there would be a GOTY version eventually so I could have waited, but it probably be at € 50 for quite a long time.
    Also, in general I’m not too keen on buying DLC before completing the base game first: if I have the choice between the base game and the base game + DLC included, I always choose the first option.

#1 11 months ago
  2. povu

Weren’t they considering more DLC? I’d like to buy the GOTY edition but not yet if they are going to bring out more stuff.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Hcw87

More DLC coming out next week (new level cap).

#3 11 months ago
  4. Aullah

How can it be a GOTY when there are more DLC-s coming? Oh nevermind… I know.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Sunshyme

No pricing in Euros given? Bit cheap to leave out the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, as it releases before the GotY arrives.

#5 11 months ago
  6. matirishhh

I will wait for VITA version hoping it’s gonna be GOTY

#6 11 months ago
  7. Clupula

Glad I waited.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Fluffytoast

Great, I’m a sucker for GOTY/Ulimate editions of games with DLC, glad I held off buying the dumb season pass now.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Cobra951

When it drops in price, I may pick it up. I’ve owned the game since release, but I didn’t buy any expansion content at all. This would be the way to consolidate what’s out so far, and get it for a bargain price (eventually). I’ve been generally disappointed in the game’s MMO feel. I wanted it to be more RPG-ish, like the original. That’s why I put it down so quickly, and stayed away from DLC. For cheap, though, I may give it a shot.

#9 11 months ago
  10. mistermogul

I hope Vita gets this version…

#10 11 months ago
  11. Clupula

@9 – I still marvel at people saying the original Borderlands felt like an RPG in any way, shape, or form.

#11 11 months ago
  12. fearmonkey

Anyone that hasnt played Borderlands 2 is missing out. IF you disliked the first game as I did, give Borderlands 2 a chance, it surprised me how much I love the game.

I would recommend getting the game on sale or cheap and then buying the DLC separately if your on PC, unless you can get a great deal on the GOTY addition.

Captain Scarlet and Tiny Tina are worth the money, campaign of carnage isnt bad, but i disliked hammerlock’s DLC.

I am looking forward to the level increases. I got my Siren to 61 and have been waiting for this DLC to drop. I got two level 61 pearlescent weapons the other day, and a few legendarys, best Borderlands loot day ever.

#12 11 months ago
  13. DSB

Somehow it’s become the game that I’ve spent the most time on since Skyrim.

Personally I thought Torgue and Captain Scarlet were pretty shit, but Big Game Hunt and Tiny Tina are really quality.

It’s just an awesome barebones shooter.

#13 11 months ago