The Sims 4 will perform better on low-end machines than The Sims 3

Friday, 23rd August 2013 11:52 GMT By Dave Owen

Maxis has said that The Sims 4 will run better on lower end machines than its predecessor, providing good news for those of us with embarrassingly crap PCs.

Producer Ryan Vaughn spoke to Digital Spy and said “We’re really excited to say that players on lower end machines are going to have a much better experience on The Sims 4 than they did with The Sims 3.”

He said that Maxis is aware that, with a player-base as wide as that enjoyed by The Sims series, people with a broad range of machines will want to play the fourth instalment. The aim is for the “gameplay [to be] just as much fun regardless of what spec you’re playing on.”

The Sims 4 will be published by EA on PC and Mac in 2014. There’s no word on if it’ll be making its way to consoles.

1. Unknown_Gamer

I was literally asking for that , Thank you so much Maxis for that

#1 11 months ago
  2. DuckOfDestiny

Bet it will still have crap load times though.

#2 11 months ago
  3. CPC_RedDawn

The laptop I brought for my girl friend was only £299 and contains an AMD A6 Quad Core APU at 1.5GHz and 6550G iGPU, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, and a 1366×768 screen.

It plays casual games perfectly fine, Torchlight 2 at low/medium settings lowest fps is 35fps, World Of Warcraft maxed out and capped at 30fps never dips once, COD4 MW1 low/medium settings never dips below 40fps even in heavy gunfire, Heck the laptop even plays Skyrim at medium details no AA, AF, and high textures and never dips below 28fps even in large fights.

I installed Sims 3 and it runs maxed out with latest patch and never dips below 32fps. I don’t see what the problem is, unless some people are running their games on ancient old Celeron single cores with on board integrated graphics and 512MB memory then I can see peoples point but whoever is running something like that still is obviously NOT playing games on it.

#3 11 months ago
  4. TheWulf

I just hope they fix the terrible UI. The UI was what drove me away from The Sims 3. In 1 and 2 they had a brilliant user interface both times, but 3′s was gaudy and horrible, letting style get in the way of usability.

One thing The Sims desperately needs really is a modifiable UI. They allow mods in so many other senses, I wish they’d just open up the UI for people to tinker with. That’s my only real worry for The Sims 4.

#4 11 months ago