The Sims 4 first screens and details leaked – rumour

Friday, 16th August 2013 03:13 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Images and information purportedly detailing the next major instalment of The Sims have turned up online.

It’s not clear where the supposed leak originated; the story has popped up on a significant number of forums and fansites. We found the details below on AllGamesBeta.

We’ve asked EA about the information and images below, which bear a marked resemblance to the few official assets released, and seem to show a deeper customisation system for both Sims and buildings. The Sims 4 is set for reveal at gamescom; the only thing we think we really know about it is that it won’t require always-on Internet, like SimCity did.

“The Sims 4 is the highly anticipated life simulation game that lets you play with life like never before. Create and control new Sims with mind, body, and heart. Build their unique worlds. Direct and explore the stories of your Sims and experience delightful and exciting results.

“Create and control the most intelligent and relatable Sims ever with new, intuitive design tools. Customize your Sims’ appearances, personalities, aspirations, walk styles, and even their relationship to others.

“Select from diverse environments for your Sims to live in and build their home with fun, intuitive design tools that allow you to effortlessly create the homes of your dreams.

“Play with life like never before in The Sims 4. The choices you make influence your Sims and everyone and everything around them. These moments create delightful and exciting results throughout gameplay.

“How you play The Sims 4 is up to you. Help your Sims start a new career, find love, and start their family. Construct and design the homes of your dreams. Fulfil your Sims’ needs, explore their aspirations, and experience how they respond to life’s moments

“The Sims 4 allows you to play with life like never before. The Sims live with rich physical and emotional characteristics and their worlds and stories are influenced by your choices and creativity. Welcome to The Sims 4.”

Features

• New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.
  • Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personalities of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, careers, and memories.
  • Emotional Depth – For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.
  • New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.
  • Vibrant Neighborhoods – Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.
  • Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.
  • Share Your Creations – Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community. Download community creations for an all-new look.

1. Endless AGB

“It’s not clear where the supposed leak originated”

The images were found in a directory on thesims.com site

#1 1 year ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

@1 thank you! Do you know who dug them up first, though? Searching suggests: everyone, simultaneously.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Endless AGB

No idea, sorry.

#3 1 year ago
  4. tmac2011

maybe for pc i might get it

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

I wonder if they’ll ever release an M rated Sims where finding ways to torture / kill the annoying Simish people is the main goal. That’s more than unlikely but still the only Sims game that might interest me since Sims 1.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Colm4

The original leak came from a person with the nickname “Nic” and posted them first on the modthesims.info forums. He apparently found a way to get them from dev.thesims.com.
    Interesting is that SimGuruGraham from the Sims team actually visits that forum regularly.

#6 1 year ago
  7. TheWulf

Omigosh. That one screenshot, the one that Brenna actually chose as the header… that just screams ‘helllp meee, I don’t want to be in this game any more.

If the Sims are actually that compelling, I might end up finding it somewhat unnerving. :P

#7 1 year ago
  8. gingerkinglover89

@The_Red…that would be cool, yet, like you said, unlikely…I think they are focusing on making it fun and easy for people especially the younger audience…but for me…I would want more darkness… and for the game idea you pitched…I’ve been thinking the same thing for years…I would call it “The Sins” yes, very original, I know. :P But all the liberal media would say that it makes people think violent thoughts and commit violence… :P

#8 1 year ago
  9. lillithbraun

I hope the sims 4 is a lot better than the Sims 3, The Sims 3 was honestly lazily made and I was dissapointed with that game. I hope in The Sims 4 they actually get into their cars without teleporting, and the facial actually connects to the hair and sims don’t constantly start clapping and screaming when their idle and in a good mood. I hope sims act natural when they do things and not act silly unless they have a silly personality. If we make serious sims, they should actually act serious and not try to play on the swings. Also the Grim Reaper needs to have a toggle switch, so if the switch is off, sims can die without having the ceremony of the grim reaper. So when they die, they instantly turn into a urn or tombstone. But it would be cool if they stayed as a dead body, and sims had to call for the body to be taken and they can arrange a funeral, and dead bodies neglected attract flies until they decompose and turn into a skeleton. Also long even straight hair parted in the middle should be included for all ages, and long straight hair with bangs for little girls because when I was little I had bangs and long straight hair and now I am 16 and I have my hair long and parted in the middle, like how Sissy Spacek had her hair in Carrie :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. howaboutno

@ gingerkinglover89 & The_Red

I disagree strongly. There are plenty of sick violent games out there for your liking. I would like a more mature Sims, but mature as in depth, not gore, violent and torture.

There is only so much depth with characters or gameplay you can get in a game when it’s rated T.

What you two are talking about is just plain sadistic and like I’ve mentioned there are PLENTY of games, movies, shows, pictures, comics, you name it out there with all of that violent crap.

As for your ignorant comment about violent games making people do violent things. I’m sorry to inform you, but they’re right. When you play and watch people getting torn to pieces or slaughtered you become DESENSITIZED. Which yes, NOT ALWAYS, but can result in doing something violet that you wouldn’t have the stomach for otherwise.

The Sims has never been about such content before and I’m extremely thankful that they aren’t interested in making a mindless killing game.

My only wish is for a more in depth game, with more mature related content. But I will take Rated T over Rated R any day.

#10 1 year ago