Dark Souls 2 ‘Forging a Hero’ teaser trailer shows live-action knight

Wednesday, 14th August 2013 10:24 GMT By Dave Cook

Dark Souls 2 has received a live-action teaser trailer called ‘Forging a Hero’ that shows an adventurer suiting up in some shiny armour. Watch it here.

What do you make of the clip? Personally, live-action trailers feel out of sync with Dark Souls, but that’s just the fanboy in me talking.

Dark Souls 2 is coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2014.

Via GamesHQMedia.

1. frostface

Not big into this trailer or live action trailers for games in general. But I did miss there not being an opening movie in Dark Souls, such as the one at the start of Demon’s Souls. That one was awesome.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Aullah

I dont like teaser trailers. Gonna wait for a trailer.

#2 1 year ago
  3. MFBB

#1 Dark Souls had a opening movie about the age of fire.

CGI or live action trailers meeeehhh gameplay trailers are always the best and actually show me the game.

Or CGI trailer mixed with gameplay is also OK.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Beta

Just started Dark Souls. It’s fair to say that I’m currently rather shite at this game.. :P

#4 1 year ago
  5. stretch215

@4 yeah, I was terrible at dark souls when I first started too. I haven’t beat the game yet, but I’m far enough to think back to the beginning and laugh at my ineptitude. It’s just one if those games you need to get the “hang” of.

#5 1 year ago
  6. frostface

@3 I forgot about that video. I still play with my original character, you don’t get that video on NG+’s. That was pretty epic.

#6 1 year ago
  7. manamana

Not a fan of live-action. The first trailer was amazing (the music and atmosphere) and hard to beat, imo.

#7 1 year ago