Call of Duty Ghosts multiplayer – trailer, gameplay and screenshots inside

Wednesday, 14th August 2013 18:51 GMT By Phil Owen

Miss the livestream of the first Ghosts multiplayer trailer and gameplay? Have no fear, we have it here. The trailer features a song from Eminem that has never been released publicly before today (so you know it’s good) and the gameplay features explosions. We’ve also got some screenshots if you want something more chill to view. Check it out.

Firstly, here’s the debut multiplayer trailer – with additional eminem music.

Secondly, here’s shoutcasters Benson and Fwiz casting a match of the all new ‘cranked’ game type.

Thirdly, we have a vid showing off the new Clan Wars feature

Fourthly, here’s 17 minutes that go over pretty much everything else, from the character and class customization on to the Squads mode.

So, Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer, what do you guys make of it? Comment below.

1. diego-rbb-93

Please, no jokes with female soldier IA, enough jokes with the Dog IA and all that stuff. ¬¬

No, for real, great stuff putting finally Female Soldiers.

#1 11 months ago
  2. MCTJim

Well, I am enjoying the new game modes..Search and Rescue looks interesting. As for Eminen..dont care for rap music myself, but for those who do, I hope you enjoyed it.

squads :D Nice :-)

#2 11 months ago
  3. DSB

What the hell happened to Eminem? What a junk track.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Aullah

This game looks the same as the previous ones. This is not next gen game.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Droid

720p video? =/ Didn’t look good, even at that resolution. Would hope this is based on alpha footage or something as it wasn’t impressive in the slightest for me. Animations looked pretty clunky too.

#5 11 months ago
  6. actuallyisnotafox

oh @1 yeah! finally :)

#6 11 months ago
  7. Moonwalker1982

Indeed man. And i am SO damn tired of him shouting in songs. Just rap with a normal voice….just be calm.

#7 11 months ago
  8. bradk825

“So you know it’s good”
    Actually the Eminem song may do more to hurt the trailer’s credibility, lol. Oh well, at least it’s not another Brittney song like Dave posted a while back ;-)

#8 11 months ago
  9. Erthazus

Yeah great that they are putting female soldiers in to the game WITH A LOT OF EYE MAKEUP.

#9 11 months ago
  10. monkeygourmet

But he’s an angsty teenager… Oh wait he’s bout 40…

I never rated eminem, outside of freestyle battles I always thought his style was pretty weak.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Erthazus

Anyway, this is fucking awful. No matter how much tesselation or textures you will put in to the game. Horrible POS engine such as this will never make game look better in my eyes then Modern Warfare 1 or even Quake 3:Arena

#11 11 months ago
  12. silkvg247

@9 Still a step.. or LEAP in the right direction. After 20 years of a fucking MP void, we exist again!

#12 11 months ago
  13. Beta

Never liked Eminem. Overrated and annoyingly angsty.

Though much to my pleasure my brother used to love his music… :’)

#13 11 months ago
  14. DSB

Angst has always made for great music. That’s my problem with the track. He doesn’t sound hungry or angsty. He just sounds rich and conceited.

Oh well, at least we have Macklemore now.

#14 11 months ago
  15. Erthazus

@12, bollocks. A lot of multi titles included women like Unreal series or Gears Of War 3. Come on.

this is a step to nothing.

#15 11 months ago
  16. monkeygourmet

Also the COD community is one of the most sexist / racist and unpleasant of any online games I’ve played.

Having woman avatars will almost certainly make it even worse.

#16 11 months ago
  17. silkvg247

@15 I’m a PC gamer, nothing has come out in the past few years. Unreal is ancient now (but still awesome). :)

@16 GOOD! I enjoy killing dicks. :)

#17 11 months ago
  18. fearmonkey

Is it just me or does the beginning of this video look like COD in Skyrim?

This does not look next gen to me.

#18 11 months ago
  19. DSB

Seriously, the amount of bullshit comments aimed at CoD.

Of course you’re gonna find jerkwads in there, but something tells me people tend to focus on the jerkwad rather than the five or six guys going “gg” after each game.

#19 11 months ago
  20. CaptPierce

This actually is shaping up to be a pretty interesting title. This might be the first COD game I buy since Black Ops. Nice touch having female soldiers represented too (even though I know some 12 year old douche is gonna abuse the shit out of it.)

Eminem is in my top 5 of rappers of all time, and easily one of the most talented, but I was kinda bummed out from this song. “Won’t Back Down” from the Black Ops trailer got me hyped as fuck when I first heard it! Guess the success took away the raw hunger in him. But since most gamers on these kinda websites don’t listen to hip hop, I’m preaching to the choir. :P

Nonetheless, looks interesting to me, I’ll keep my eye on it.

#20 11 months ago
  21. bradk825

It’s cross-gen, so it’s not going to look the same as games developed strictly for next-gen. That discussion has been had.

#21 11 months ago
  22. deathm00n

@17 Please detail your experiences after some sessions Silk, use a microphone to show you are a real woman, then you will see that calling them “dicks” is too kind. Really, I was disgusted last time I’ve played it and there was a woman in the match…

#22 11 months ago
  23. Erthazus

@silkvg, Gears Of War is ancient now? Firefall is ancient? There are a lot of games with woman. Jesus christ.

Unreal 3 was out in 2007. It’s not ancient.

#23 11 months ago
  24. monkeygourmet

I’m happy to do a little experiment if you want?

I can boot up 20 or so games on Xbox and report back. Every time I play a game it’s full of kids saying faggot / I fucked your mom, that type of shit.

The only reason I have my opinion is because of the reality of What i have been faced with every time I try and have a game.

It’s full of children who I end up having to mute.

#24 11 months ago
  25. Erthazus

“The CoD community is at least 20 million strong. I’d say that makes it less of a “club” and more like “absolutely everybody”.”

5-13 year old. yeah.

#25 11 months ago
  26. fearmonkey

@19 – COD could be be an abbreviation for Collection Of Dirtbags. It seems to be full of them everytime I played online in that game series since Modern Warefare.

Until COD ramped up to Modern Warefare, the worst gamers were on Rainbow six, then they moved on to COD. I am actually fine with that since most of the idiots that made Halo less fun online moved on to COD.

Could just be my experience, but from the twitter messages the devs got for changing weapon stats Im guessing not.

#26 11 months ago
  27. DSB

Anectdotes are anectdotes. I’m on the PC, so I can’t speak for the 360, but I’m sure parents are more likely to give junior an Xbox than a gaming rig. I’ve seen plenty of scumbags, but generally I see a lot more guys telling eachother good game after a round. I don’t see more scumbags playing CoD than I do playing Global Offensive.

And personally I kinda like it when they cry. It means you must be doing something right.

#27 11 months ago
  28. bradk825

Have to wait for break to watch the video, but since the trolls are bitching about the community and not the game, it must have been a good trailer.

I play with friends using party chat, I don’t deal with those people. Not to mention with the new rep system they’ll get filtered out anyway.

#28 11 months ago
  29. bradk825

The “dynamic maps” look absolutely killer. I like the look of the guns, the gameplay in general and the new modes. The new knifing animation is cool, much improved over the past, and it’s a little slower so knifing is no longer the all-powerful ultimate weapon, at least probably. Looks like fun.

#29 11 months ago
  30. monkeygourmet

“Quick side-note, generalizing an entire group of millions of people, assuming that if you play a certain game you are a racist sexist means you are in fact a total prick, and just as prejudiced as those you are criticising. I have no patience for you.”

No one has said that, they have just given examples of their experiences. If you don’t believe them or think they are lying, that’s fine, just say that.

I’ve offered to do a test and I’m pretty confident it’ll highlight what I’m talking about. Reasons being, every time I’ve booted up COD I hear the same shit and have to mute children screaming through the TV because they’ve had too much fizzy pop.

And, I’m not saying that never happens in Halo, just that COD seems to be easily the worst community I have come across.

Given the million of players you highlighted, surely by law of averages I would usually land in a match with adults who aren’t assholes?

#30 11 months ago
  31. monkeygourmet

@DSB

I can’t comment on PC but I imagine its MUCH better for the reasons you stated.

#31 11 months ago
  32. monkeygourmet

Like I’ve said before; I would love to see the COD sales figures if age restrictions actually were enforced and all the school kids had to stop playing it.

It would prob cut the numbers in half, maybe more. (That’s complete guess work though…)

#32 11 months ago
  33. Fin

How much JASON STATHAM does Cranked mode contain?

#33 11 months ago
  34. Sam Clay

@33 He’s dlc. ;)

#34 11 months ago
  35. zinc

That actually looks intriguing … Dynamic environment eh? Another CoD 1st, DICE soon to copy.

;)

Notice how all the complaints of toxic CoD fans are on the 360? Odd that :)

#35 11 months ago
  36. Erthabutt

that game looks good to me, it will certainly be enjoyable long enough to last until Titanfall goes out. And even if it doesnt, GTAV.

Goddamn, money will be spent in loads this year.

AND HOORAY FOR ERTHA NOT BEING A GRAPHICBAG OF ****

#36 11 months ago
  37. Eddie Rodrigues

How did they make an interesting CoD? HOW? WHY?

#37 11 months ago
  38. Lengendaryboss

@Fin
    LOL Hahaha ;) :) :P :D

Topic: it does look interesting, but thats how i always feel about COD attracted at purchasing it never do.

#38 11 months ago
  39. YoungZer0

@35: “Dynamic environment eh? Another CoD 1st, DICE soon to copy.”

Yeah, I guess if you ignore all the Battlefield games with the dynamic environments then you could say that it is indeed “another CoD 1st”.

#39 11 months ago
  40. stretch215

Think you people are overreacting. I get way more quiet/non abusive games than not. My wife catches hell no matter what game she plays. Go figure….

#40 11 months ago
  41. drewbles82

Still dont see any difference from this gen to next, faster loading times, i have patience so doesnt bother me. graphics, not bothered bout, look fine to me, dogs just no, and all the stupid michael bay explosions every 2mins in single player, boring.
    To be honest i cant see much change yet, i dont think we will see any true next gen games for at least a year or two so im sticking with my 360 til i actually see something impressive

#41 11 months ago
  42. Mjorh

Man with having Battlefield 4 ,which obviously this shitty game can’t even come close 2 that , it’d be idiotic playing this game for multiplayer!
    Same old crap !