“Maybe in DLC”: Mikami ponders The Evil Within online features

Monday, 12th August 2013 12:09 GMT By Dave Cook

The Evil Within director Shinji Mikami has suggested that the horror game might get some kind of online functionality DLC down the line.

OXM posed the possibility of a Dark Souls-styled online feature that impacts the game’s twisted world, to which he replied, “Yeah, maybe in DLC. I guess we can’t really get into details.”

The last bit suggests the man has plans, but take this with a pinch of salt for now. You know the drill by now.

Meanwhile, here’s some fresh The Evil Within screens from QuakeCon.

Would you like to see the game have such an online feature? Let us know below.

1. Aullah

Im not sure if it could work… I mean it looks like its designed for singleplayer experience.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Nerdgazm

The “fresh gameplay footage” video no longer works.

#2 1 year ago
  3. cindayjon

just as Scott answered I am surprised that someone can profit $5048 in 4 weeks on the internet. did you see this link,,, max38.com

#3 1 year ago
  4. actuallyisnotafox

oh it so could! say if you have two people sneaking past ‘something’ and your friend gets grabbed, watching him get murdered or dragged along to be murdered, you could just hide in horror. say you see like a big freaky murderer has him tied up and you can leave your friend or you help me, but you risk dying etc. so i think it could work, i dunno :p

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

I’ve had an idea in my head for a five person co-op horror game for a long time, but without any modern programming skills, it’ll probably just remain in my head.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DeVitowned

Dark Souls inspired online horror game with Eternal Darkness mindfucks would be an incredible game to pull off, if ever it could. With that said, it’s been a very long while since a decent horror game came to consoles.

Remember the PS2 days when Silent Hill showed us there was something more sinister and frightening than zombie dogs jumping through windows? Didn’t need online back then, Mr. Mikami.

#6 1 year ago