Dragon Age: Inquisition graces next Game Informer cover

Tuesday, 6th August 2013 17:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the main feature subject of the September issue of Game Informer.

According to the official blurb from the magazine, the third installment in the series starts out with “major power groups in the Dragon Age universe unable to operate effectively, which is a problem when a hole opens in the sky and demons begin pouring out.”

The magazine also notes the game contains “large and varied environments, customizable armor, and the return of multiple player races.”

A whole month of exclusive features on the BioWare RPG are planned on the magazine’s website, featuring everything from “combat to character creation.”

Have a look at the coverage trailer here.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming to PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in fall 2014.

1. hives

“Players must fight back against the demonic threat while exploring a vast world and consolidating power for the growing Inquisition” – OH COME ON BIOWARE.

Journey to get help from various factions/races? Again?

BTW, it seems like TPP action RPG. My hopes for game similar to DA1 are gony :<

#1 12 months ago
  2. sebastien rivas

@ 1

Why not, you always need some types of opening to any RPG. I agree this is a bit of a smack in the face but I must say… why not.

It depends, I still get hopes DA3 goes back more in line with DA1.

Perhaps you should tell us what exactly you missed in DA1 and would like to see again in DA3.

Let’s wait and see

#2 12 months ago
  3. bradk825

I just wish they’d go back to the model of multiple races with multiple origin stories. That was the best part of DA1.

As long as it doesn’t move backwards like DA2 did though, I’ll be satisfied overall.

#3 12 months ago
  4. infernalism

“A hole opens in the sky and demons begin pouring out.” So after enemies, soldiers, and whatnot, were dropping from ceilings and from the sky itself (no hole included)in DA2, now the developers are dumbing down again with just demons and a hole in the sky? Ohhhhhh…where’s the fun in that?

#4 12 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

They seemed to have kept the art-direction, now all I need is the combat, everything else about DA2 was pretty much terrible, so I wouldn’t mind them going back to some of the things that made DAO so great.

Would be cool to play as a Qunari.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Jerykk

All of Bioware’s games have the same basic premise. Travel the world/universe, gathering unlikely allies so you can defeat an ancient evil that threatens to destroy/take over the world.

#6 12 months ago
  7. hives

@2 – I mean, I wanted more traditional camera view and fighting system. Party based, like in DA1. And from this pre-alpha footage, it seems like Witcher’s combat mechanics.

I like combat in TW, but mostly because Geralt just… hm… Fights awesome ;P As witcher, he has really unique style.

I must of course wait and see. I like story and narration in DA2, that was one of the few things I liked in this game, so I’m quite dissapointed in this “Go and gather allies!” again.

@6 – Nope. DA2 and Jade Empire haven’t been like that.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Dark

Pre-Alpha Gameplay.

#8 12 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

@8: Uhh, that looks surprisingly good.

#9 12 months ago
  10. sebastien rivas

A 8
    Thanks a bunch for sharing the link.

The game sounds promising. I hope it also delivers as many mentioned about multi race. multi stories and why not as @7 mentioned (character uniqueness just like TW).

Sounds like asking for a lot, I know :P

Cheer :)

#10 12 months ago
  11. Froseidon

@3 – I don’t think they will go back to that for a long time. The reason they got rid of it in the second one is because Hawke is fully voiced. They added uniqueness to other races as well, such as the elves having a welsh accent. If they were to do multiple races, it means paying for 6 unique voice actors instead of 2. I’d say its a money thing. I don’t mind always been human. Origins are nice, but race didn’t bother me as much. I like the focus on Hawke as a human.

@7 – I really agree with the story and narration. I loved that Varric was telling the story.

On the article: The alpha footage looks sweet. I can’t wait for this game. If they fix the area recycling of Dragon Age 2, I’m in! Nearly everything else in DA2 was better than Origins in my opinion. sure, I’d like origin stories, but race doesn’t bother me so much.

#11 12 months ago
  12. sebastien rivas

Ho boy yes I forgot how the maps were recycled in DA2 and was indeed a massive let down. Though it felt recycled because it was not going anywhere else. I do not mind going back 15 times to a part of a city as long as I do not go back 12 times in a row to the same beach etc… vice and versa.

Thanks a bunch,

#12 12 months ago
  13. Froseidon

@12 – Honestly, its a real shame it was recycled, because their environment artists are fantastic. The environments they had were brilliant, I wanted more of them, not the same good looking environment recycled. The DLC was much better as the environments there felt new.

#13 12 months ago
  14. sebastien rivas

@ 13

Yes you explained it better and I relate to your experience 100%.

Though I never bought DLC perhaps I was let down first with several of game elements missing from DA1 as well as the recycling maps.

#14 12 months ago
  15. bradk825

DA2 on it’s own wasn’t a BAD game, it just SEEMED bad because it followed DA1.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Froseidon

@14 – The first DLC felt like Origins and the second was just awesome. Even though the game felt like a let down, its like they listened to the complaints and the DLC benefited from it.

@15 – Exactly!

#16 12 months ago
  17. sebastien rivas

@ 15 and @ 16

Thanks guys, it makes me want to go DLC, at least some to see and feel it for myself.

Any particular preferences which DLC?

#17 12 months ago
  18. Moonwalker1982

The desert part looked good, but everything else wasn’t too special. I know its early, but did you see how the character walked up those stairs? We’ll see about this one. Currently much more excited about Witcher 3.

#18 12 months ago
  19. Froseidon

@17 – Choosing between one or the other is difficult. If you’re planning to import a save, I’d say get both. There is so much story in them both. The first one (Legacy) is focused on Grey Wardens and Hawke’s history. The second (Mark of the Assassin) is more about Orlais and Tallis.

Legacy is deeper lore-wise, and I really loved the Grey Warden connection. Felt a lot more like it would affect the world and not just Hawke’s story. It made something feel bigger than Hawke, which the game rarely does.

Mark of the Assassin is a bit more varied. Environment wise, its great. I’d say its a bit more fan-service than Legacy, definitely more humour. Also, Tallis is rather likable character as well. Both DLC’s are much greater than the main game environment-wise. Story is either on-par or better, but that is preference I’d say. Personally, I really like the DA2 story, so they’re on-par for me. Length? I’d say 3-6 hours on either. I guess that’s more average length on a DLC though.

#19 12 months ago
  20. roadkill

Wicked! Great job Bioware! And don’t listen to these douche-bags! They always find something to complain about.

#20 12 months ago
  21. Belmont

Is that hole in the sky created by reapers ? Is that dragon Harbingers’s ancestor ? How much awareness to see all the endings ? These questions better be answered :)

Just kidding,to be honest, DA and even Skyrim are not my thing (I don’t know much about them)

#21 12 months ago
  22. Neroist

The internetz cried foul when in DA2 it was about you and your family making a city your home and saving it after years of living in it.

Now the internetz cries about DA:I going back to “save world/princess from X bad thing”. What did you expect?

#22 12 months ago
  23. Froseidon

It appears one of my earlier comments was off. Multi-race is in, you can select your race at the beginning of the game.

#23 12 months ago
  24. Obernox

I actually enjoyed DA2, found the the story and characters more entertaining than DAO, except Anders, what a total douche-potato.

That being said, third time’s a charm, right?

#24 12 months ago
  25. fearmonkey

I think we will all be surprised how good this game is, because no one expects the inquisition!

#25 12 months ago
  26. YoungZer0

@24: I didn’t like anyone. Anders was the least unlikable of the bunch. Didn’t like his betrayal though. Neither did I like the betrayal of that annoying, shallow cunt of a pirate chick. Hope the Qunari eat you alive, bitch! :D

@25: Lawl.

#26 12 months ago
  27. jamesx

Now it looks like a witcher’s clone… with Dragons.

#27 12 months ago
  28. YoungZer0

… but Witcher 2 had dragons. Or a dragon at least.

#28 12 months ago
  29. Sylrissa

“large and varied environments, customizable armor, and the return of multiple player races”

Glad to hear this, especially bringing back the option to play as more then a human.

#29 12 months ago
  30. Froseidon

@25 – Well played.

#30 12 months ago
  31. Moonwalker1982

I never bothered with DA2. I did like the demo, especially the combat, but after seeing gameplay videos and how boring and limited those locations looked, i never bothered with it. Origins had almost everything nailed down, but the combat held me back from really enjoying it.

Hopefully this one will have a combat system similar to Witcher 2.

#31 12 months ago