Borderlands 2 GOTY edition spotted on Steam database

Thursday, 4th July 2013 08:47 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2 seems to be getting a Game of The Year edition, according to an unearthed Steam database listing.

It’s not surprising, considering the first game had a GOTY edition that compiled all of its many DLC packs and extras into one package.

The Steam database listing can be seen here. it also suggests that there will be an ‘Early Access’ incentive too, but there are no further details on when its going live.

The pack is said to include the following extra content, but as we’re still waiting for confirmation from Gearbox Software don’t take this as gospel yet:

• Captain Scarlet’s And Her Pirate’s Booty
  • Mister Torgue’s Campaign Of Carnage
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault On Dragon Keep
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade
  • Mechromancer Pack
  • Psycho Pack
  • Creature Slaughter Dome

Will you be tempted to pick the pack up? Let us know below.

Thanks MP1st.

1. Bam007

Not surprised to see this. Good incentive for those who haven’t played it yet.

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

Nice, patience has its perks! Now waiting for a 50% off sale hahaha :P

I’m cheap, I know… :/

#2 1 year ago
  3. LordDjinn

The game deserved a preorder, i have it and all the DLC minus the psycho.. and ive beaten a number of times.. GOTY second time..

#3 1 year ago
  4. silkvg247

Whenever GOTY packs come out, upgrade packs should also be released for folks that bought the original. Otherwise they might as well just buy the game again as GOTY which is cheaper than them buying all the DLC they’re missing. Makes no sense.

In fact I’m not even sure what would happen if you bought the GOTY but already owned the game and wanted to upgrade your existing game (since all your stuff / progress is saved).

#4 1 year ago
  5. Llewelyn_MT

If you buy GOTY and you already have the base game it simply upgrades your version. It still uses the very same ID of the base game.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

@4 – That’s a dumb idea, though. They get the benefit of early access to the DLC if they’re willing to pay for it. If they’re missing DLC, that’s their fault for being an early adapter and not buying the DLC. They have been able to play the game for a year. That’s the benefit of not waiting for the GOTY edition.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

I have actually been waiting on the GOTY Edition to hit PS3 before I bought it. I saw how much DLC there was for the game and realized how expensive it would be to buy it day one, so I’ve waited. Sure, everybody on my PSN friends’ list is level 61 already, but I did the same thing with the first Borderlands and I don’t regret it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. GK

2,you need follow whats going on on market,2days ago B2+Sp cost just 15E and they give even coupon 10% off.in pounds it was 13,50L and 10% off.so it was very cheap :P

#8 1 year ago
  9. CyberMarco

Yeah I know, but it was missing the extra characters. I waited this long, I don’t mind waiting a bit more. Have a big backlog too. :)

#9 1 year ago