Dragon Age: Inquisition will have an open world, out in fall 2014

Monday, 10th June 2013 21:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon Age: Inquisition will have an open world, according to BioWare. The game is slated for release in fall 2014, so the team can take its time to build a perfect RPG experience, on current and next-gen platforms. A video for the game was shown, narrated by everyone’s favourite witch. It’s below.

On the BioWare forums, BioWare’s Chris Priestly confirmed the RPG is headed to PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One (thanks, Dark).

1. papizdano

fall 2014…. now i know how it is to be both happy and sad at the same time

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

Compared to Witcher 3 trailer this is POS. P O S .

#2 1 year ago
  3. EdNorton

Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtOG0Epo-I

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dark

No gameplay? , Meh.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ireland Michael

I don’t usually get caught up about celebrities… BUT OMG ITS CLAUDIA BLACK ASJFHDFHFJ!!1!

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

*calms down*

Gameplay would have been nicer, mind you.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dark

It’s for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Rikki

Please be more Origins and less DA2.

#7 1 year ago
  8. mightyhokie

Sold.
    I’m glad they are bringing Morigan back. Awesome. I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED Origins. It is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I thought 2 was good and certainly worth playing but removing the ’7 separated stories depending on who you are’ part was a bad move.

I’m stoked.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Rafa_L

I didn’t like it =(

#9 1 year ago
  10. Phoenixblight

At least they showed actual in game footage unlike half of MS presser was all CG.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Tavarish

It will be disaster for DA 3 if they collide with Witcher 3, imo.

Especially if they don’t make two games, 1 for current-gen and 1 for next-gen & PC. Current-gen really can hold DA 3 back and just make it fall to its face in front of Witcher 3.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Puggy

If 50% of your buyers still use the current gen, I can see how they would want to publish it compatible on both generations due to money making.
    Maybe the next Gen versions will only come with better (higher res) skins? Maybe similar to how it works on the PC, where old frames can still run new games, though at reduced settings.

Though if it is coded in current gen and only emulated in next gen, yes, I can see how it would be held back. Then again, most Devs won’t be experienced enough by that time, to really use all the capabilities of the new gen.

Ah well, only time will tell.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Vice

Morrigan. All I care about.

#13 1 year ago
  14. sebastien rivas

I agree with you, it takes time to optimise on new platform.
    I have great hopes they release something really great that will call upon DA1 lovers and still makes connection with DA2 in one form or another.

#14 1 year ago