Battlefield 4 multiplayer to be shown during EA’s E3 conference

Wednesday, 29th May 2013 10:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has confirmed that it will be showing off the game’s multiplayer component during EA’s pre-show conference on June 10, and that press will get to go hands-on with the content on the show floor.

The above image was posted on the Battlefield Blog last week, tucked down at the bottom of a post.

“We’ve heard from millions of fans that multiplayer is what you want to see most – The wait is almost over,” the post reads. “E3 2013 will feature hours of Battlefield 4 multiplayer footage; both at the special EA event on June 10th and streaming live from the E3 showroom floor where we will be inviting attendees to play and compete in Battlefield 4 multiplayer .

“Not coming to E3? No problem. You will be able to catch live streams of the entire E3 experience, including extensive footage from live, unscripted multiplayer matches, complete with commentary.”

We’ll have more information on how you can watch streams of Battlefield 4 multiplayer soon, but for now let us know how excited – or not – you are about seeing the game’s online play in action.

1. Francis O

Battlefield 4 multiplayer, to be just like Battlefield 3′s multiplayer. You can keep your trash EA

2. TD_Monstrous69

Really liked BF3′s multiplayer, look forward to seeing what they do in BF4. Though the thing that makes me skeptical of this is DICE LA (formerly known as Danger Close) working on this.

3. ps3fanboy

more brown shooters where you will be paying outta your ass for dlc and micro-transactions for skins,guns,clothes,ammo etc… yeah for sure looking forward to this crap.

4. anik_lc

Yessssssss. Game of the show confirmed. :D

Can’t wait to see those tanks, jets, submarine and helicopter in action for the Demo. Hype. :D

5. roadkill

Well, MP in BF3 looks good in general but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s almost no player connection. It’s hard to find a mature and smart group to play with.

6. Francis O

@4 – Nice one.

7. KineticCalvaria

@5, not as hard as in CoD.

Can’t wait to see this, love Battlefield.

8. Mambo-B

Hey Roadkill, There is a group of us who are all mature, working adults who play together if you want to add me on PSN mambo-b. see for yourself..
    Good luck to you. Can’t wait to see what BF4 multiplayer is gonna be like! Battlefield is keeping me from finishing alot of my other games …. I know that! I can’t get enough of it! – 67 kill streak!

9. WENDiGO

With some of the guys from danger close working on MP we will most likely have the gun customization from MOH: WF which I felt was the one thing they did right. Certain aspects of it anyway.

10. roadkill

@8 Well thanks Mambo but I only play on the PC. I do not have a PS3. I’m glad that you have a nice group though. Keep having fun! :)

11. CaptPierce

I’ve been playing BF since I was 9 in 2002, and have NEVER encountered anyone whining and screaming in my mic, and I have BF3 for the PS3 too. I personally love this franchise and can’t wait to see what they do with 4!

Also, Danger Close is a great studio (original Medal of Honor, Frontline, European Assault, Lord Of The Rings RTS’s), EA just made them rush to develop Warfighter. Multiplayer was the best part of that game though,