Metro: Last Light – 15 minutes of full-spec PC gameplay

Tuesday, 14th May 2013 13:20 GMT By Sam Clay

Metro Last Light is out now in the US, and has already picked up a handful of strong-to-mixed review scores. VG247′s Sam Clay takes a look at the opening 15 minutes of the PC version, with all of the max-spec bells and whistles attached.

What do you think?

Meanwhile, you can check out Dave’s appraisal of the game’s dark and frequently savage narrative here, and his interview with Metro author Dimitry Glukhovsky here.

1. Malmer

The compression artifacts while moving makes this quite pointless. All is blur anyways.

#1 1 year ago
  2. ps3fanboy

looks like one of them generic brown shooters, so they can keep this crap game. i have no interests in it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ballz

who made the video, use sweetfx, it just removes all the shit bloom/blur effects and amkes everything much more clearer

#3 1 year ago
  4. deathm00n

@2 Metro 2033 is one of the best shooters out there. There’s nothing brown about it. The feeling of the game is very unique.

#4 1 year ago
  5. ps3fanboy

@4 you have already payed the $5 for the ‘ranger mode’. so you are probably brain dead. real gamers don’t support developers that rip games apart. to sell it in $5 pieces, then think your an idiot and will buy it anyway… if you guys desperately want to try this game, go grab it from piratebay, the ranger mode is already unlocked and you dont have to support this crap.

#5 1 year ago
  6. deathm00n

Nope, I’ve got the game entirely for free from the THQ giveaway. And it’s not the hard mode like you say in every other topic. It’s really a new mode, more survival than shooter, I have yet to play it, but I know it isn’t hard mode via DLC, there’s already a hard mode without the DLC.

Edit: Now that you edited your comment I need to ask: I’m a little confused. Wasn’t the DLC with ranger mode for the first game? The new game will have it too? Even if it has, it’s not because of this that the game is a “brown shooter”

#6 1 year ago
  7. ninjanutta

+1 fanboy,i did just that and to be honest,its a alright game but slow and boring for the first 45 mins so far.
    Im assuming it gets better later on but i wont be buying it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

@5: Shut your fucking face already. Jesus Christ. You’re as dumb as a stick.

#8 1 year ago
  9. hives

Best looking game on PC so far. Seriously, lights, smoke effect, fire – amazing. Shame that there are a little bit to much corridors (badly “hidden”, like there are many places where you see you easily could go, jump over something, but you can’t… etc). But atmosphere is cool and it looks great and gunplay is fun.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Mjorh

@2 You need to get your cranium checked, you thinking like an alien and just ain’t realistic!

The only game that can compete with Crysis in graphics department ! Btw this is one the best FPSs this year n should be in the must-play list of every gamer !
    The atmosphere as hives said is cool n kinda unique .

#10 1 year ago
  11. Malmer

This game sure is a must play. The last game was a unpolished diamond with a very subtle and interesting morality system. One of very few unique games. I expect this one to be no different.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Beta

I will buy this, just as soon as I catch up with my backlog including Ni No Kuni, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Injustice and God of War Ascension. I need a month off work.

#12 1 year ago
  13. CyberMarco

Does it have a quick-save feature?

#13 1 year ago
  14. BrahManDude

who is that PS3 fagboy he hasn’t even played the game…he probably needs an explosion every 5 minutes and someone yelling

#14 1 year ago
  15. Richenbaum

just another obvious troll. stop feeding him.

#15 1 year ago
  16. GwynbleiddiuM

@14 there are certain users here that we tend to ignore their opinions based on our psychoanalytically informed observations, he is one of them.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Lengendaryboss

He is just upset that Ranger’s Mode formerly a part of a franchise is now being sold separately for Metro: Last Light or you can believe what the other two said.

#17 1 year ago
  18. nollie4545

I pre-ordered this ages ago on steam. Looking forward to playing it. I won’t be playing ranger mode anyway as I’m not looking for an intensely hard Metro experience. It would detract from my enjoyment of the game if I was dying continually.

I can’t see what the problem is for paying another 5 bucks for something which is entirely optional. For starters, PC fans won’t be paying crazy money for this game, unlike console boys who spunk £50 every time for the same old shit in a new box with a new title. Nor do PC gamers have to spend even more money for fcking map packs which limit you from being able to play in lobbies or with friends.

This is the difference for PC gamers, and why things like free to play works on PC, but not on consoles. PC gamers if they get attached to a game, will happily pay extra monies for content if they want it. However, this does not make them mugs, because the reality is we are paying far less for big name titles from the outset, whereas console fan boys are already blowing big money on games, controllers and XBL subscriptions and, furthermore, their games suffer low quality and frame rate pre-sets.

For the enthusiast PC gamer, this extra 5 bucks is sod all. I bet a lot of players will never even want it anyway.

#18 1 year ago
  19. RocknRolla

Hahah best moment at 11:23 laughed my ass of because you can’t actually answer her so he jerks the mouse lol :D

#19 1 year ago
  20. RocknRolla

@5 ps3fanboy
    You personal computer is now monitored!

#20 1 year ago