Battlefield 4 videos tease battles on land and sea

Thursday, 21st March 2013 16:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Two Battlefield 4 teasers have been released and both are posted below. EA will announce Battlefield 4, formally, on March 27 but the press is getting a look at it on March 26 during GDC next week. Sam and I will be there, and will report what we learned as fast as possible – providing there isn’t an embargo. The second trailer teases a land battle, courtesy of AGB. Likely one for air battles is next – and then maybe even space. We jest.

1. Erthazus

Moar of Frostbyte 2 please.

2. Yoshi

I’m looking the fact that water seems to be their main focus this time around with rain, and looking like sea battles?

3. YoungZer0

“Off to the Bokeh effect!”

4. Tavarish

Interested to see how they pull of, possible, sea battles if game is done to current gen also. At least some rumors suggest Current Gen + Next Gen + PC.

Team 1 gets 1x Destroyer, Team 2 gets 1x Submarine and they duke it out in lake size of bathtub? :D

5. f1r3storm

They shouldn’t have a problem pulling it off, it already worked 11 years ago.

6. Asgaro

My_body_is_so_damn_ready.GIF

7. EZXPSnazzyPanic

Wow Same Type of music innovation needed

8. Faceless

Reluctantly ignoring the fact that it’s stylised identically to the BF4, which already implies stagnation, I’m not trusting a single piece of marketing until the game launches.

DICE has failed to deliver on a staggering amount of promises with 3. I remember when they hyped more elaborate destruction technology than in BC2, lights that you could shoot out in maps like Metro (the removal of which led to the ridiculous star-bright torch attachments), a map where a randomly timed earthquake would change paths, even scripted day/night sequences as a round would progress, if I remember right.

But when the game launched, it didn’t even have proper squad UI.

9. monkeygourmet

I hope you can use ‘bigdog’ as a vehicle perk!

That would be awesome, especially if they nail the animation with it! :)

10. monkeygourmet

Also, I’d rather have Bad Company 3! O_O

11. freedoms_stain

Server-side hit or no buy.

12. Len

Take my money, can’t wait.

13. mkotechno

I can’t wait to the next 6 seconds clip!!!

14. EdNorton

Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer #2 – Land Trailer

15. TD_Monstrous69

Oh shut the front door! We gets submarines now!?

16. nollie4545

Sea battles…. Hmmm, like that is going to work. I mean submarines don’t have door gunners, know what I’m sayin..?

I haven’t bought any BF title since the old days of BF 2142/1942 before it went crap. The reason these BF titles owned all others is because of the intrinsic team work element, big maps, no stupid perks and best of all a lot of vehicles and squad type elements.

It is just bad when a single player can operate and effectively fight a tank on his own. Doesn’t work that way. Vehicles should be squad operated as in real life, to encourage team work and co-operation.

There is any amount of mungo first person shooter crap on MW, steer BF 4 away from the ‘me me me’ ness of MW and back toward its roots.