The Phantom Pain news expected soon

Tuesday, 12th March 2013 22:45 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Phantom Pain developer Moby Dick, which many consider to be some sort of front for Kojima Productions, has agreed to an interview and promised something new.

Spike TV’s Geoff Keighley, who hosts the VGAs, where the The Phantom Pain was revealed, tweeted that he’s off “to interview Moby Dick Studio Head CEO Joakim Mogren” today.

“The Mogren interview will be on GTTV this Thurs night. He said he has something new to show me,” he added.

Everyone’s very interested in The Phantom Pain both for its highly unusual debut trailer and the fact that its developer has been so mysterious.

There’s quite a lot to suggest that The Phantom Pain is, if not an in-house Kojima Productions project, then at the very least a Konami-funded spin-off.

We’re all going to be slightly disappointed if all the conspiracy theories are wrong, because they’re a heck of a lot of fun. But it looks ballin‘, whatever it is. Refresh yourself with the alternate trailer below.

Thanks, Johnny.

1. killersense

it would be awesome if kojima does wear a wig and mustache for the interview like rumored. keep the joke going

#1 1 year ago
  2. Eddie Rodrigues

I agree, the conspiracy theories are really amusing, not in the “oh look at this buffoons” sense but on the “that truly would be interesting” sense.

#2 1 year ago
  3. TD_Monstrous69

I’m curious to see if that really just is Kojima-san in a cleaver disguise, or if Yoakim Mogren is an actual person. Also, would like to know a little more on just what the fuck The Phantom Pain is. Is it MGS5, or is it its own property? Just so many questions. So happy that I don’t have work Friday, so I’ll be able to stay up and watch this come Friday 1 AM.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

Uh, I haven’t seen this alternative version. Nice. Also one of the comments is interesting:

“Alright, here are my two cents;
    “V has come too”. = V is the roman letter for 5. In addition to MGS: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid 5 is also coming.
    The tale of Moby Dick follows a captain on his journey to find and get revenge on a white whale who bit off his leg. A journey that eventually corrupts the captain into an embittered and evil man. This can easily be applied to Big Boss, his lost arm and the eventual journey that will turn him into the villain seen in the first “Metal Gear”.”

#4 1 year ago
  5. partchimp

I keep losing track of how many metal gear games are in the works. Is it this, rising and ground zeros?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Eddie Rodrigues

@5 Rising: Revengenance has just been released. So just 3, Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain (maybe) and MGS PS Vita (MAYBE)

#6 1 year ago
  7. partchimp

@6 ahhh I thought rising was something completely different. That makes more sense!

#7 1 year ago
  8. LuLshuck

kojima has the highest form of autism

#8 1 year ago
  9. atlans89

Some guy gave me an idea of how Joakim Mogren remove his wig and make a parody “I’m not Master Miller, I’m Liquid Snake”

#9 1 year ago