Metro: Last Light release date confirmed

Friday, 1st March 2013 09:51 GMT By Dave Cook

Metro: Last Light has been dated by new publisher Deep Silver. UK and US gamers can expect to return to the Metro in May.

In a statement sent to VG247 this morning, the publisher confirmed that the game would hit PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 14th.

Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media said of the release, “The new release date is the ideal way to strike the balance between bringing the best out of Metro: Last Light and not keep the fans waiting longer than necessary.

“We won’t leave that time unexploited and will work closely together with 4A Games to make the game even better. It will receive all the attention it deserves.”

Deep Silver’s international commercial director Menno van der Bill added, “Since it has been made public that we took over the Metro franchise, the fans keep asking for a release date.

“Now we can finally announce when they will be able to get their hands on the game! We would like to thank all of the Metro fans for their patience. And we can assure them that we have a lot more coming their way with the franchise.”

The game’s official Twitter feed just added:

Earlier this year, Koch Media promised a “bright new future” for both the Saint’s Row and Metro IP. What would you like to see from both franchises moving forward?

1. Telepathic.Geometry

Thank God, I was worried when it disappeared off my amazon games list…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Edo

Yay :) great news indeed.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Ali

Awesome news. Hope they change the THQ’s cover art as it was surprisingly ugly. L

Best part is it arriving at the same week I am done with the college’s week.

#3 1 year ago
  4. BULArmy

Great news evrybody. This is actually a great incentive to get my new PC somwhere in April.

@3You lucky bastard this is exatly the time when my univeristy finals start. But still I’ll play the shit our of the game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. HauntaVirus

Thanks for the update, that’s great news! I hope it still activates with Steam.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Erthazus

Yesh. My PC is ready. Come on!

#6 1 year ago
  7. KrazyKraut

Awesome!! Hope they treat 4A well!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Fin

lol shitty sub hd buggy pos

its like quake 1 all over again

#8 1 year ago
  9. Samoan Spider

Still got the first one on my list of games to catch up on. But this is good news. Now I have a deadline :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. NooB GobliN

Oh my god! That’s on my birthday!

#10 1 year ago
  11. Erthazus

btw, it’s not the only good news.

Metro 2035 book is coming.

#11 1 year ago