Alan Wake dev teases new project for 2013

Wednesday, 2nd January 2013 08:46 GMT By Dave Cook

Alan Wake developer Remedy has dipped its toe in the teaser pool and has dropped a hint that something is coming in 2013. Speculate for yourself after the cut.

It’s salt-pinching time people:

Note that the tease comes along with a promotion for Alan Wake Franchise on Steam. Remedy’s Facebook post follows the studio registering a web domain for Alan Wake 2 back in July, suggesting that the author is due for a comeback at some point soon.

As the original game was initially an Xbox 360 exclusive, the rumour mill is suggesting that Alan Wake 2 will be an Xbox 720 exclusive, which while plausible, is highly speculative, although an E3 2013 reveal at the usual Microsoft pre-show conference could be a good shout.

We’ll open the floor to you now gamers. What do you think? Let us know below.

Thanks GAF.

1. Edo

The first one was a favorite of mine(even though it came 2 years later on PC)the atmosphere it had grabbed me right from the start and and I have enjoyed it immensely till the very end.I’m guessing the second one will be a next Xbox exclusive for some time and then come out for PC after a while(hopefully not 2 years after this time around :) ).

2. Maximum Payne

I really hope its not new stand alone DLC like that awful american nightmare.

3. xxJPRACERxx

I love Alan Wake and Remedy. Hope they’ll care more about PC.

4. Moonwalker1982

If they’d show Alan Wake 2 at E3 as a Xbox 3/720 game, that would make their show quite interesting. Time will tell.

5. The_Red

I don’t know why a lot of sites claimed that American Nightmare is what AW should have been. Either the AW played is completely different than what the public got or they completely missed the point of original.

6. SameeR_Fisher

yahoooo, welcome back guys and gals, nice to see you back Dave.

As for Alan Wake, I love it, but never played it lol, it was an X360 exclusive, and I am a PS3 player, so no AW for me :(, but I loved what Remedy did with it, I am looking for the PC version even though I don’t like PC gaming that much sigh.

As for AW2 I would love it to be on multi-platform, but truth be told Microsoft doesn’t have that many exclusive games as Sony, Sony publish tons of exclusive great games every year, so MS should definitely do the same, and IMO Alan Wake is one of those special exclusive titles they got.

7. Dave Cook

@6 you too, good to be back :)

As for AW2, my bet is that it is Xbox 720 timed exclusive, announced at the Microsoft pre-E3 conference.

8. Moonwalker1982

And huge news……it will be a Kinect title. Oh my…if that happens >:(

9. SameeR_Fisher

Dave E3-2013 may bring some really unexpected awesome stuff.

10. Takeshi

Alan Wake was honestly a chore to play in some sequences. I did like the improvement they made to the combat in American Nightmare, but that also felt like a chore since we had to replay the same gameplay several times. Despite only using 3 hours I couldn’t complete it in one sitting. Yes, it might work for a movie like Source Code, but as a game it was horribly annoying.

I’m definitely interested in their next project, but I do hope they’ve been listening to people.