Assassin’s Creed 3 moves 7 million worldwide

Wednesday, 12th December 2012 17:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed 3 is the “fastest-selling game in the company’s history,” with total sell-through topping the 7 million mark worldwide in one month of release.

“We are delighted with the performance of Assassin’s Creed III this Christmas,” said Rob Cooper, Ubisoft UK’s managing director. “This is a beautiful and epic game of exceptional quality and we’re pleased that our fans have responded so well to the brand new universe, storyline and game experience.”

Ubisoft also drops a few gameplay statistics for the title: in solo missions players have accumulated over 82 centuries of game time and committed more than 3 billion assassinations.

In multiplayer, twice as many players have played the mode compared to Assassin’s Creed Revelations. To date, over 250 million assassinations have been performed in over 5 billion multiplayer sessions.

1. loveaya

Ubisoft has almost ignored Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell since years just for Assassin’s Creed.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Ireland Michael

They stopped making Prince of Persia because Prince of Persia stopped making money.

#2 1 year ago
  3. OlderGamer

I can’t wait to rip into my WiiU copy…have to wait for Xmass day tho. *grumble grumble

#3 1 year ago
  4. manamana

Praise yourself kids, you are getting AC on a yearly basis for the next ten years to come …

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

Funny, because Assassins Creed 3 was also shipped with 7 Million bugs.

#5 1 year ago
  6. AHA-Lambda

unfortunately it’s the worst one >_>

#6 1 year ago
  7. rapsound

DAMN. I’ve never bought any AC since they abandoned PoP series. And I’ll never buy one. Could be 7 mln and one. Ubi, you’ve had your chance :/

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

@6: That would be Brotherhood.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Sadismek

@8 Agreed.

I really liked Assassin’s Creed III, though it seems I’m the only one. Meh…

#9 1 year ago
  10. Maximum Payne

@8 You want to say Revelations was better then Brotherhood :O

#10 1 year ago
  11. Sadismek

@10 It was. At least Revelations knew what it wanted to be, and had a scope. Brotherhood was a mess which noone fully understood. Not wanted and not needed.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Ireland Michael

@9 No, whiney gamers are just a vocal minority. Everyone else is too busy enjoying the game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. YoungZer0

@12: That’s possible?

#13 1 year ago
  14. Sadismek

@12 Hah, good to know :).

#14 1 year ago
  15. Ireland Michael

@13 Personally it’s one of favourite games of the year, and I think it’s the best title in the series to date.

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

@15: Really? I thought it was pretty bad. It didn’t do too many new things, the trading was bad, the full synch is bad, the bugs made me redo every mission at least twice because i couldn’t accept playing the game without full synch completion. The story missions felt extremely restricted, especially if you consider the games theme about freedom. It wasn’t critical enough to make any impact. The main character Connor is a bore-fast without a personality.

Loved the boats missions though, really intense, actually yelled out in joy, instead of frustration.

#16 1 year ago
  17. DSB

I came across this:

It sounds to me like the AC team is holding out on us by constantly taking the safest possible route.

If Assassins Creed actually dared to add some interesting characters and dared to make you feel like a badass assassin (ie one that doesn’t hate what he/she does) instead of just a naive timetravelling bartender from the midwest, it could be an amazing series.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Stephany Nunneley

“a naive timetravelling bartender from the midwest…” – :D

#18 1 year ago
  19. YoungZer0

@17: Yeah, that’s bothers me about the series, it’s so vanilla that i get bored. I couldn’t have cared any less about both stories of the game. Oh Connor gets betrayed, guess you kind of deserve that. Oh he kind of gets betrayed again, hm guess you kind of deserve that. Oh Desmond- ah, who cares about Desmond and the actual story of Assassin’s Creed?

They never go anywhere, so afraid of offending people.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Cobra951

@9:

Not by me. I like Brotherhood. It doesn’t screw up the formula with idiotic tower defense or go completely off the old-world medieval vibe into the American revolution.

Prince of Persia didn’t die. It evolved into AC. Read up on that history a bit. I think IGN did a piece on it, somewhere.

#20 1 year ago
  21. YoungZer0

@20: But brotherhood had a storyline that dragged on forever and probably the shittiest art-direction of the whole series. It also introduced us to Full-Synchronization.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Erthazus

Assassins Creed 3 is fucking horrible.

Start of the game: Linear bullshit.

2 hours later:

Boring and the same shitty platforming mechanics with Auto-attack and stupid AI. Also, American setting does not work with this game compared to the previous games.

In my opinion this game could be good if it had 1 year of polish. Game is pretty much not done to be honest. It’s full of bugs, glitches and gameplay issues.

But one thing that is better then in other games: Better script, writing and fantastic director for this game. Everything else is horrible as F. Someone who designed this thing hate his own life.

*Back to world Of warcraft raiding*

#22 1 year ago
  23. YoungZer0

Fantastic director? What’s that supposed to mean? You do know that the game wouldn’t be in the shape it is if it was a fantastic director, right?

#23 1 year ago
  24. Erthazus

@23, I’m talking about cut-scenes, scripts in the game and cinematic stuff. I thought Ubisoft did a good job with it.

#24 1 year ago
  25. YoungZer0

That’s the cinematic director, or something like that.

And i really think the the script was bad. The dialogs were boring to say the least.

“Oh, thank god you helped us out Connor.”
    “EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE A FREE LIVE.”

“Man this chicken is awesome, what do you think, Connor?”
    “EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO A GOOD MEAL.”

Just the flattest personality they could have come up with, little to no character development. The most exciting thing were the arguments between Connor and his Mentor, some actual personality accidently flowed through there.

And the only scene i remember is Connor sitting on a cliff and telling Washington “You reap what you sow.” that was good.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Cobra951

@21:

I’m not sure what you mean by art direction. Do you mean the look of Brotherhood? It’s consistent with the other entries in the series, which is to say it looks spectacular most of the time. Everyone takes it for granted now, but what goes on in AC games would have been considered miraculous a few years ago. And it’s Rome, a huge lot of it. I love the sandbox, and that’s why I love these games, along with my abilities within it. The story is secondary, not that I have a problem with it either.

Full synchronization–how’s that an issue? I like being able to progress without having one little thing stop my progress dead and make me repeat the same sequence of events until I do everything just right. I can always go back later and try to do better. What’s wrong with that? Is there something else I’m missing here?

#26 1 year ago
  27. YoungZer0

@28: Example Ezios clothes, they just threw in more shit on him, instead of less. It looks ridiculous, he wearing way too much, his agility should suffer from it. And Full Synch is problematic, because it TELLS YOU how to play the game. That’s completely counter productive.

The game is basically saying: “I’m really happy for ya and Imma let you finish, but that’s not the way i want you to play.”

The gameplay and the level layouts are limited enough, they shouldn’t enforce it even more.

#27 1 year ago