Darksiders 2 is 66% off on Steam until November 15

Tuesday, 13th November 2012 20:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Darksiders 2 is part of Steam’s mid-week madness sale, and if you have yet to pick up Death’s adventure on PC, be pleased: it’s 66% off until Thursday. This means that instead of running you $49.99, you will pay $17 instead. Hit up the link for more information. Thanks, xxJPRACERxx.

1. roadkill

Yeah. I saw. Not a good sign. :( 50% would have been more appropriate. 75 screams desperation..

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hunam

For the last 12 months (or when ever the UDraw disaster was) I always think “Poor THQ… maybe this sale with help them” every time they have a sale, despite the fact that other companies have the same type of sales… just with THQ it always seems like this one sale might help them.

#2 1 year ago
  3. freedoms_stain

I hope they’re not hoping to take 50 mil out the promotion.

Too bad for them I got Prototype 2 yesterday or I might have bit.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

I think it’s more about covering their losses on Darksiders 2.

It’s really only the indies that get truly rich off of Steam sales.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheWulf

This is just the curse of the AAA title, really. It wasn’t bad, either. It could have been better, and it certainly could have been padded less, but it wasn’t an awful game by any stretch of the imagination. And the spectacle fighter genre isn’t one that finds its way to the PC very often. Let alone one that’s half decent.

So it is a pity, really. But it’s just the triple-trAsh mentality, as I’ve spoken of elsewhere. Too much money, too big of a game, and a desperate need to sell it to every human alive. If it had had a smaller budget, a smaller size, and had been aimed at spectacle fighter fans as a niche, then it would have done so much better for itself.

The sooner we’re past this nonsense and onto whatever exists after AAA, the better. I’m sure that some publishers will languish within the mobile market for a bit, but eventually there’s only one realisation (a realisation that occurred to indies and small devs a long time ago) to have in regards to this whole mess – making good short games that aren’t exploitative, predatory, and don’t need to be sold to every human alive is the way to make money.

#5 1 year ago
  6. absolutezero

We have a new horn to toot it seems.

#6 1 year ago
  7. OrbitMonkey

Soon to be free on psn+ I’d wager.

#7 1 year ago
  8. xxJPRACERxx

How’s the port? Can I expect 1080p@60 with a good rig?

#8 1 year ago
  9. absolutezero

Easily.

As long as you have a pad to play it with its a perfectly servicable port from the last two hours I played of it. Have a screen-shot, ran at a flawless 60.

Of the game itself, I just sat and played for 2 hours without moving. I kinda like it, its alot faster and a hell of alot more responsive than the first one. Not sure I like the stupid floating numbers and the levelling up seems a bit pointless. Much prefered the old Zelda style munching on hearts.

The character designs might be an acquired taste but my God is some of the environmental work stunning. Its a lovely looking game.

#9 1 year ago
  10. xxJPRACERxx

Ok, thank you. I’ll probably get it just to support THQ. I don’t think I’ll really play it tough (just like 70% of games I’ve purchased on Steam).

#10 1 year ago