Far Cry 3 has gone gold

Tuesday, 6th November 2012 23:49 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Far Cry 3 has gone gold on all platforms, Ubisoft announced via Twitter today. The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 shooter goes on sale on November 29 in Europe, November 30 in the UK and December 4 in the US. Gold status means the game is complete, certified, and ready for manufacture; given how little time remains between now and launch, the public announce probably trails the actual master date.

Thanks, MP1st.

1. Razor

For some reason I thought this was coming out next year lol.

Marketing, Ubi. Where is it?

2. YoungZer0

@1: You got yourself to blame for that. Ubi had enough marketing. Nearly 3 videos every month.

3. Razor

Hmm… guess I’ve not been paying enough attention. Although I’m not convinced it will do well, even though it’s looked good.

4. YoungZer0

To be honest it looks incredible. Definitely like Skyrim with Guns + an actual story. I can’t wait.

5. farcryuniverse

little bit slow on the news there, I found out hours ago ;) (Still the first news site with it though) ;)

Far Cry 3 is shaping up to be a contender of GOTY in my opinion.

6. Moonwalker1982

I just wish we could see a Xbox 360 gameplay video, so far it has only been PC to and i’d like to see how it looks on 360. Especially after reading a preview on Eurogamer that said the 360 version was kinda having problems in terms of graphics and stuff. PS3 version was nowhere to be seen.

7. absolutezero

It looks so stupid that it might actually be fun enough for a couple of goes.

Shoot some men, shoot some animal things, run about a bit, listen to awful dialogue, take some drugs for a wacky wild trip while shooting men, shoot some more men, stab some men for a change.

I actually have no idea what the story of this game actually is apart from your on an island, you get kidnapped by a man with naff hair and then you run about the island.

8. farcryuniverse

#7 clearly you haven’t been following the game enough.

9. Moonwalker1982

Then you should watch the recently released story trailer. Actually very damn cool.

10. SlayerGT

@6 yes this my concern also. It looked ok on PS3 at E3 but there were some bugs in there.

11. absolutezero

I dont particularly want to spoil shit for myself even more, I mean I went into Halo 4 with “An Ancient Evil Awakens” and was fine with that.

What am I doing in FC 3?

12. Telepathic.Geometry

I’m with absolute on this one, avoid the vids and just play the fucker. meet weird characters, get high, kill people, build weapons and travel around the island, and presumably, save everybody (or not).

I’m already sold on it. No point on going into knowing everything. I had quite a few parts of Dishonored ruined for me because the Giant Bomb crew couldn’t rein their shit in as regards spoilers. Far Cry had so many videos put out their, it’s in danger of going the same way…

Information blackout is the way to go…

13. Moonwalker1982

Far Cry 3 indeed had an overload of videos. I ignored many of them and watched a few.

14. Digital Bamboo

Yeah, I don’t like watching much beforehand either. But even that is no guarantee of avoiding massive spoilers. I remember playing FFVII for the very first time, 13 years old, absolutely loving it and having my mind blown, when one of my sisters friends walked in and asked, “Have you got to the part where ______ ____ yet?” And I just looked at him, my heart shattered, and said “No.” Worst spoiler ever.