Those who pre-order the Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition or Care Package now receive the exclusive Nuketown Zombies map.
Three zombie modes will be included, per Joystiq:
- Tranzit which will include a “big, giant, expansive world, significantly bigger than anything [Treyarch has] ever created,” for solo up to four-players in co-op.
- Survival which sees players being attacked in a single area in the Tranzit world. Players will hold off zombies in a safe area and go out into the throng to nab bonuses scattered throughout the environment. Survival areas will be similar to dedicated maps with access to multiple areas designed to play as a standalone section in solo or as a four-player co-op session.
- Grief is a new mode for up to eight players which combines Survival with competitive elements. Two teams of four players are tossed into the world of Tranzit and will have to outlive the other team. Players cannot kill each other but they can put the other team in unfavorable situations. Think of it as Humans vs. Humans vs. Zombies.
“Because it’s open and because there are multiple locations in this world where you can play and where the infestation is, there’s different strategies about how you can approach it,” Treyarch’s Mark Lamia told Joystiq. “It’s a much bigger world with much more going on.”
Zombies mode will also contain:
- Stat tracking – Ahows you how many undead kills you have made.
- Leaderboards – These will be available for each zombie mode and some rankings will be based on maps.
- Improved Matchmaking – Will match players faster than in the past and Treyarch said the system will match players with similar skills in the zombies mode.
- Custom Games – It will allow you to create custom games of the modes and allow for setting a starting round with players given points at the start which coincide with the round choice. Players can purchase weapons, set challenges such as Headshots Only, turn magic items off or allow for no use of Pack-a-Punch.
Zombie mode features four new playable characters, one a female, and no narrative because the narrative is being created by “fans for the mode.”
More zombie types are in this time, including “normal zombies” and “special zombies.”
Watch the video below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is out November 13 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.