Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes first images appear

Thursday, 30th August 2012 08:45 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been announced by Kojima Productions. Here’s the first leaked image out of Japan.

The game was announced this morning at Kojima’s Metal Gear 25th anniversary event in Japan. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is another prequel starring Big Boss – note the MSF patch on his shoulder. It’s an open world title that was shown running on a high-end PC. Read our full rundown here.

A second image has now leaked. Go here to see it.

1. Patrick Garratt

There it is.

2. Dave Oshry

Mother of Dog…

3. KrazyKraut

he looks like sam fisher. sam fisher copied snake and snake now copies fisher.

but look at his krotch, snake has the bigger one.

btw: in b4 speculation and bitchy discussion about hardware, ps4, xbox720, next-gen and whatever begun.

4. KAP

I was hoping for a push forward for story.. sigh. We all the know the outcome.

5. Dave Cook

@4 that’s the spirit, stay optimistic etc

6. Sal Romano

It’s not a leak. It was posted by Famitsu.com: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/30020414.html

;]

7. KAP

Its hard to when they’ve released 4 prequels already, this being its 5th.
    Another game about a dude who died… twice, fills me with optimism to the groin.

This is VG247, many things are tagged as a “leak” here, get with it.
    You should be happy they didnt post the picture 5 days from now thats another VG247ism.

8. Deacon

I’ve enjoyed every MGS game I’ve played. The first MGS was one of the greatest PSX games ever, 2 was the reason I bought a PS2, and 3 just blew me away. 4′s still on my need-to-finish list for some reason, but that’s no mark against it.

I’m truly excited about whatever Kojima has planned for the franchise. He takes a lot of flack from a lot of people, but I believe he still has plenty of magic left to give.

9. Beta

Awesome, I’m intrigued by the open world aspect. Trailer please Konami! :D

@5 Optimism is a rare thing on gaming websites ;)

10. CycloneFox

isn’t that an outer heaven logo? maybe we’ll meet Eva again.

11. Ali

That didn’t shake the ground I am living on.

12. YoungZer0

Yeah, okay, i guess.

13. tmac2011

:D i can’t wait for this game limited edtion for sure!!