Star Trek: The Game trailer is full of action

Tuesday, 14th August 2012 14:37 GMT By Nick Akerman

Kirk and Spock return in this surprisingly action-packed trailer from Gamescom 2012.

With hordes of intergalactic baddies roaming about, there’s no time for pleasantries. Star Trek: The Game is a third-person-shooter that seems to be heavily influenced by Dead Space.

Here’s the trailer:

1. CycloneFox

An absolute day-one!

Also great, that PC is now officially confirmed. I’m totally curisous, what “New Vulkan” will be like. ^^

2. TheWulf

I’m still sad that this looks nothing like Star Trek to me. Star Wars, maybe.

I think the best Star Trek games continue to be A Final Unity, and the TOS point & click adventures that preceded it (20th Anniversary and the other one which I tend to forget the name of).

A Final Unity though really exemplified what Trek is about. I wish there were more like it and that Star Trek hadn’t gone down this path of mindless violence. But people do like their mindless violence…

3. Fin

Looks like Mass Effect, sweeet!! Digital Extremes doesn’t have the best track record though :(

4. CycloneFox

@3: What about Unreal? It’s still one the best Shooters ever made. And this one looks solid at least. So I wouldn’t be so worried. Star Trek Games have always been good.

@2: Yes, you are totally right. A Star Trek Action Game is somehow an antilogy in itself. That’s also what I dislike about Star Trek Online. The only thing you do is fighting and killing enemys as it is an MMO. But anyway, I’m more than happy to see at least something of Star Trek. Since the ’80s, it’s been the longest period of time in history without a new Star Trek Series. The Movie from 2009 was a great renewal of this brand, but we need more high-quality products in any medium. And combining it with a videogame is a great thing to do. Elite Force worked good as well.

5. Lightmanone

Why do all the star trek games have to be shooters? Why not keep Star Trek, star Trek, exploration, adventure? All that shooting, they are litterally killing ST :(

6. roadkill