Witcher 2 producer’s new game is Lords of the Fallen

Tuesday, 7th August 2012 06:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Former CD Projekt RED producer Tomasz Gop has revealed a few more slim details of the new fantasy action RPG project he’s leading at City Interactive.

In an update to his LinkedIn profile, Gop confirmed the game’s title as Lords of the Fallen.

The producer also gave a few more details of the City Interactive title’s plot, which takes place in a medieval fantasy world ruled by a Fallen God and will “allow approaching the conflict between humans and demons from various perspectives”.

Gop said the game will reward “skill and persistence among hardcore Action-RPG fans”, offering both great challenge and great reward, and that battles with the Fallen God’s generals are “one of game’s strongest features”.

More information is promised later this year.

Last time we had an update on the game, it was codenamed Project RPG, said to be inspired by Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Batman: Arkham City, to have a New Game+ option, and to be due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2013.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. Maximum Payne

Is it like Diablo over the top view or like third person like The Witcher ?

2. Phoenixblight

Well based on the games to be inspired by I would say its third person like the witcher.

3. TheWulf

I hope it’ll be a diversion from superficially handsome/rugged man fights ugly, interesting things because ugly, interesting things are so very naturally eeeevil. Because holy fuck have I ever had enough of that. It might be fine for the kids, but… ALMOST EVERY DAMNED FANTASY GAME. Getting a bit old. Just a bit.

I’m not sure if I can expect any better from CD Projekt RED. Maybe, but probably not. These are the guys who made Geralt more pretty against the wishes of their art team just because their consumers didn’t think that Geralt was superficially pretty enough.

No, this is actually a real thing. Look it up. Friggin’ boring people.

As a counter-proposal to the usual shit… how about a large, disfigured ogre with a prosthetic (mechanical) limb as a player character, just to shake things up? Versus a rather fascist empire of rugged and beautiful people, who have a hierarchy based upon how dominative they are and how easily they can control.

Maybe throw in a little ferret guy, just for laughs. You play both, the little ferret is controlled by AI and does some meagre attacks… but also has some nasty magicks which he’ll let loose in whichever direction you target.

And said ogre creature is out to defend the little people who’re caught up in the endless in-fighting of this empire of bastards.

I’d play that.

Sadly, I’d probably be the only person who’d play that.

4. hives

I wouldn’t be surprised if this game would be similar to Dark Souls. Gop’s big fan of this game :P And other more hardcore RPG games.

5. Mineral4r7s

in my experience the beautfil things are truly evil, woman for example.

6. freedoms_stain

@3, Say what? As I understand it CDPR made an Alpha model that was prettified and changed it back to the more beat-up, rugged, scarred version from the 1st game after public outcry in Poland.

Anyhoo, The Witcher code is only to kill monsters that pose a threat to humans. That’s why you have the option with the trolls in The Witcher 2.

7. BlackArrow

Sounds pretty epic. Excellent artwork as well.

8. Edo

Ok,they got my attention.

9. YoungZer0

@3: “These are the guys who made Geralt more pretty against the wishes of their art team just because their consumers didn’t think that Geralt was superficially pretty enough.”

Completely wrong. I remember it myself pretty well that the complete opposite was the case. They made Geralt uglier because the fans complained he was too pretty.