Jace Hall wants to develop an updated version of Blood

Saturday, 4th August 2012 14:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Jace Hall, founder and ex-CEO of Monolith, took to the Blood fansite The Post Mortem to announce he’s considering releasing an enhanced version of Blood on PC and other platforms, for free.

According to his post, Hall said it would be the original game, only with “functionality alterations/enhancements.”

“I have a very specific vision in mind for what I’d like to do, but before I go off and do it,” he said. “I wanted to speak directly with the Blood community and see what the thoughts are.

“My goal of course is for this all to be free, and all about gameplay and fun. You can rest assured that I have the resources to bring Blood back properly but like I said, I’m hoping to have the community participate in all this if it wants to so we can all do it together.

“Rest assured, that I know everything that needs to be known in regard to the blood rights/legal issues. If I indeed decide to move forward with my ideas for Blood, I certainly will be able to and will get all the support I need from all/any parties that may have legal interest in the game.”

Hall said should he attempt to bring Blood back, he’ll be the once “actually paying the bill,” and will “not likely be getting,” his money back.

“It will be all for the fun of it,” he said. “I think it would good for the community to beging to create a dream list of all the things that they would hope for with Blood. In regard to the source code, I have reservations about releasing it due to it making it that much easier for people to cheat/hack whatever new system I put in place – and part of what I’m hoping to achieve with this potential project is a game that really allows people to build measurable value in their cummulative game accomplishments.”

You can get in on the conversation yourself through the link.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. Pytox

cool :D blood was awesome

2. DSB

The original Blood was awesome, but it also doesn’t really hold up today.

Do a remake, man. People will be all over it.

3. Panda

i loved Blood 2 the Chosen. “This is Gideon, your guest conductor, hold on tight, the ride might get a liddle bloody” BRING IT ON! =D

i would recommend a remake aswell, rather than an enhanced edition. However, as long as the Soundtrack stays the same its half the battle and i’ll be fine with it. Good luck.

Mr. Hall why not setting up a Kickstarter project? Would def back it up!

cheers

4. DoubleM

How about another No One Lives Forever?

5. brotherhoodofthewolf

the industry’s biggest douche

6. GwynbleiddiuM

@4 and let’s call it YOLO!

7. fearmonkey

Back before the Retail version of Blood was released, a friend had given me an Alpha release he got from some BBS. It was so different than the retail version which I bought. Same gameplay, but the levels were different, intro was different, etc. The retail version was much more polished of course, and I loved the game. I didnt care for Blood2 as much, though I loved that it had the phantasm Orbs.

The original gameplay concept for Condemned was more like Blood 2 than what it finally became as well.

I’d love a Blood remake, and a remake for several Build engine era games like Witchhaven and Shadow warrior.