Battlefield 3 XP loss glitch blamed on buggy FAMAS

Friday, 1st June 2012 03:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

DICE believes it has identitifed a single weapon as the cause of a frustrating Battlefield 3 bug.

The issue prevents players’ statistics and experience being updated after matches.

DICE acknowledged the bug on Facebook.

“While we are working to resolve this issue we have also identified what can cause this problem to occur. This issue only affects games in which a player uses the FAMAS weapon. In any game where the FAMAS is used there is a chance that player stats and experience will not be recognized after the game,” the developer wrote.

“We are temporarily recommending that players avoid using the FAMAS and spread the word to fellow players to avoid the problems this error can cause. This advisory and problem are temporary and we expect to have them soon. Thank you for your patience.”

In the comments which follow players have complained that the error occurs even if they don’t use the FAMAS, although there is some suggestion that the presence of any player sporting the weapon in a match will affect players who don’t have it equipped.

Thanks, CVG.

1. TheWulf

I guess their Q&A guys must really hate the FAMAS, then.

2. Kabby

Now everyone will use the FAMAS. Problem?

3. TD_Monstrous69

I knew something was fishy when after a match of conquest, it had asid I had leveled up to 42, when in fact I had leveled up to 42 10 hours previously before that. Now I know what gun I’m no longer using (or know why I really used it in the first place, the vertical climb on it while firing has just ruined so many shots for me).

4. freedoms_stain

Everybody use the FAMAS, maybe once cunts know the numbers aren’t being recorded they’ll play for fun instead of stat padding.

5. roadkill

Imagine people playing 3000 tickets Operation Metro games for hours in a row. Now imagine 1 guy picking up a FAMAS and playing with it for just a few seconds. That’s professional trolling right there. :))

6. mojo

famas got nerfed..
    lol

reason to boot the game once again.
    i need to level my famas.
    oh boy
    :D

7. Lewis247

I got eyes on a famas troll.