Blizzard developer diary examines the state of Diablo III development

Friday, 13th April 2012 13:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard has released a developer diary featuring Diablo III director Jay Wilson, art director Christian Lichtner, and lead software engineer Jason Regier discussing the various stages and state of Diablo III development. It is around the 5 minute mark and posted below. Game’s out on May 15 for Mac and PC.

1. viralshag

“May 1″? Lucky us I guess :P

2. Stephany Nunneley

Yeah, May Day! Huzzah! Oh… wait….. :p

3. alterecho

Hmmm…. They spent a large part of the 5 min talking about that guys beard and debated whether women like it or not. They also talked about why the others didn’t get one.

4. YoungZer0

That is one shitty developer diary.

5. noherczeg

Why do I have the feeling that they are actually telling me that the game isn’t nearly finished yet?

The fact that there are so many things to do is overwhelming… I really don’t know what will I get at may 15th but what they managed to make me feel right now is a bit of fear.

One would think that at this stage they are bugfixing, and tweaking but wow, programmers on the job like hardcore, and the graphics dept. too?! Just WOW :(

6. Talkar

In the world of programming, no matter what product you ship, and when you ship it. You always have a list that is several kilometers long of what you would like to add/fix in said product :P

7. noherczeg

I am one myself, so yes I do have an understanding about the topic, but the way the guy expressed himself wasn’t that of a “we still have things to do” kinda thing. There is a difference between “there is more to do” and “we couldn’t finish several features, etc”. They are talking like the whole rush is still in the everydays but the release date is in the doors. Maybe I just imagine things, but this wasn’t the type of expression I usually see in videos like this.

8. Gabrielk

Take a look at the date at 0:19, February 28 2011. They were saying those things more than a year ago.