Vigil confirms Darksiders II as Wii U launch title

Friday, 23rd March 2012 14:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The Wii U version of Darksiders II will release as one of the system’s launch titles, Vigil’s Hayden Dalton has told Digital Spy.

Dalton confirmed the info at a recent event for the action effort in Amsterdam earlier this month.

He also talked about the game uses Wii U’s strengths.

“One of the things that we did, when we were originally going to show it off, was that you could equip stuff directly. So, for instance, I could be running along and I could click on another piece and I could put it on as I’m running through the game,” he said.

“That’s huge, it’s not breaking up the game in a way, I’m not going into a menu and assigning it, I’m literally just tapping as I’m playing.”

Darksiders II launches this June for PS3, 360 and PC. Get five minutes of new footage of it here.

Wii U will launch in major regions by this Christmas.

1. Moonwalker1982

I guess great news for the folks that are dead set on the Wii U already and want a great launch title. I’ve already played and probably finished the title on my 360 by then though. I seriously hope Wii U will have some great third party exclusives at launch.

2. jldoom

@1 Yeah same here, I would like to see more stuff besides Mario and more Mario on it lol.

3. fearmonkey

@2 – you will see more than mario, you will also see Luigi

4. _LarZen_

If the Wii U version wil have native 1080p support I wil wait for the Wii U version.

But no info around this so far?

5. ManuOtaku

Colour me interested, thats a nice implementation, maybe i will wait to get this game on the Wii U after all.