Killing Floor moves 1 million, players log 45 million hours

Tuesday, 14th February 2012 18:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Tripwire Interactive has announced Killing Floor has sold more than 1 million copies on PC in the two and a half years since releasing on the market.

The firm also provided some other nice stats as well:

• Nearly 2 million Killing Floor DLC packs have been sold.
  • 45 million hours of Killing Floor have been played to date.
  • 440 Million Zeds have been dispatched in Achievements alone – including more than a quarter-million Christmas Santa.
  • Zeds are being killed at the rate of over 20,000 an hour.
  • Hundreds of custom maps have been created by the community.

In celebration, the firm has included Killing Floor as part of the Midweek Madness sale on Steam, so if you haven’t purchased it yet, now’s the time as it’s 85% off and will only run you $2.99.

The game is also available through Gamers’ Gate, Gamefly, Green Man Gaming, other digital outlets, and “stores across the world.”

1. ItsFade

Killing Floor is an awesome online shooter so it’s well deserved. I wish more games borrowed from the game’s shooter mechanics.

2. Maximum Payne

@1 Agree
    I would so wanted new KF on unreal engine 3 or anything .
    But still very good game.

3. Hunam

I really like the game, not quite sure why they don’t have cross-hairs though, I mean for Red Orchestra it makes sense, for KF it’s just a bit odd.

4. ManuOtaku

Just for curiosity, it is like teamfortres and/or GCI?

5. Hunam

Nope. It’s got more in common with CoD Zombies than most else, except a bit more old school.

6. Maximum Payne

@5 Please don’t say something like Cod Zombie that’s big insult :D

7. BULArmy

FUUUUUUUU— now I want to play KF again. The only problem with the game I have is the engine which feels to dated and the applied grainy filter is not helping.
    I actually prefer the original levels, 2/3 of the user made levels are shit. Also the Christmas skins make the game even better, it is sad that we can’t stay with them all the time.

8. Lounds

They should make it for xbl, xbox fans would love this. I play it on pc.. boom headshot crossbow.

9. Maximum Payne