Kinect Star Wars to release on April 3 in the UK, features “Galactic Dance Off mode”

Tuesday, 7th February 2012 16:08 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Microsoft has confirmed that Kinect Star Wars will release on April 3 in the UK.

Kinect Star Wars and the accompanying Xbox 360 limited edition bundle will both be available on April 3 in the UK for £39.99 and £349.99 respectively, Microsoft said today.

The game will feature five modes – Jedi Destiny: Dark Side Rising, Podracing, Rancor Rampage, Galactic Dance Off and Duels of Fate.

New content was announced today, including space battles, Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders, duels with key opponents, like Count Dooku and Darth Vader; and a “Galactic Dance Off mode loaded with Star Wars-themed pop tunes, where those still honing their Jedi skills can take a break to battle Darth Vader on the dance floor or bust a move ‘Solo style.’”

No comment.

1. LOLshock94

^new trailer aswell

2. Johnny Cullen

Dance Central: Star Wars has just been canned at Harmonix.

3. Patrick Garratt

That dance mode’s hilarious. Like punching the bubbling face of a burning corpse.

4. DarkElfa

@2, that made me laugh.

5. Gekidami

The funny thing is that this BS is probably one of the biggest 360 exclusives this year.

6. Stephany Nunneley

I just want the 360.

7. Colin Gallacher

Me too :(

8. Kabby

Here it is. To save you searching.

9. Talkar

How does this game work? Do you choose what character you want to be? Because i would love to be Darth Maul and battle Darth Vader, as they did ^^

10. Colin Gallacher

Pretty sure you just stand up and wildly flail your arms around the place.

11. ManuOtaku

Iam really interested in this game and in the panzer dragon succesor as well, i hope these two games turns out like the gunstringer.
    P.S And that 360 is very tempting, i like it a lot, although i have a 2005 20GB model, a black elite 120 GB , and an 250 GB slim model, i think i cannot afford it with those three in the house, i just hope my 2005 model die already, it will be the perfect excuse, now if you excuse me i have a console to watered down to.

12. Stephany Nunneley

@7 I am going to get it too! Been wanting it since last year. And. Nothing. Will. Stop. Me. :D Our 360 is starting to go haywire anyway, so it will be a somewhat easy sale around here now… I hope.

Edit: I may “help” it pass away now that I think about it, in other words, be a Dr. Kevorkian in a tech sense. XD

13. Colin Gallacher

Are you sure I couldn’t sell you my 120gb Elite? :D

Oh and the Kinect does look rather classy, even though my only interest in it would be for Minority Report gestures.

14. NiceFellow

A game containing “Galactic Dance Off” has surely got to be the nadir for the franchise – or have I missed even worse? Love the custom console – but the game looks awful in every vid I’ve seen.

If ever I’ve seen a game that makes me think “did you do this because you could or because you should” this is it.

Would but the console though. That looks sweet.

15. Talkar

I figured as much, i just wanted to know if you can choose who to play, as i would like to live out the story of Dart Maul vs Darth Vader xD

16. Chockster