Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning prepares for launch with new trailer

Wednesday, 1st February 2012 17:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA and 38 Studios have released the launch trailer for Big Huge Games’ action-RPG, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The open-world game allows the player to create a character using “millions” of combinations of weapons and armor sets, dozens of unique skills and abilities customizations, and further expanding it through the game’s Destiny System. Reckoning releases February 7 in the US and February 10 in the UK for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

Nobody can say that they didn’t get their fair share of marketing for this game, that’s for sure…

2. YoungZer0

“IT IS A WORLD LIKE ANY OTHER

WHERE YOU CAN GET BORED AS FUCK”

Would be more fitting.

3. OlderGamer

I can’t wait for this game.

I have played all platforms. I want to buy it on PS3, but the demo was riddled with glitches and bugs. The studio claims that the retail release will not have any glitches on PS3, but I have been thinking that I might switch to PC instead. I played that lastnight, and the performance was better then I would have expected out of my aging system.

But the Origins crap bothers me.

Whats systems are others getting the game for?

4. Se_7_eN

After playing the demo this game is a definite “PASS”…

It felt like they were trying to create a dark mature environment set with a kids animated movie art style.

5. viralshag

@OG, You know it IS on Steam? That’s where I’m getting it from.

6. ManuOtaku

OG i will get it for the PS3

7. fearmonkey

I’m buying a copy for xbox for a friend as a birthday gift and might grab one for me as well, I have so many games to finish already, so I may wait.

8. Telepathic.Geometry

PS3 for me OG, so if there are any online shenanigans to be had, look me up: “Barrysama”

9. xxJPRACERxx

PC version for me but I’m not sure I’ll get it day 1. I think I’ll wait.

10. TheWulf

Oh for…

Slow motion running, the mandatory MMO skirmishing grounds filled with dead bodies, AND sweeping past a bestial creature with a large club, the cavalcade of kill shots, then finishing up with a man running away from an explosion… ?

Your use of often seen and over-saturated tropes and clichés wounds me, Amalur.

*Wulf does the Picard facepalm.*

There’s nothing generic about this RPG.

Nothing at all.