Original Age of Empires Online developer Robot Entertainment has announced the first DLC pack for its strategy action title, Orcs Must Die.
Called Artifacts of Power, the DLC pack has so far only been confirmed for the PC version of the game.
Due on Steam October 25, the $2.49 pack adds four new items and two upgrades for existing ones, which once purchased can be used anywhere in game.
- Vampiric Gauntlets – Armed with these grim gauntlets, you can drain the enemy’s health while healing you at the same time. If you have a desperate need to use spells, you can also use the gauntlets to drain your health in exchange for mana.
- Alchemist’s Satchel – Toss a series of deadly acid bombs that explode on your command to melt flesh from the bones of multiple groups of orcs at once.
- The Shock Zapper – Mount the Shock Zapper on the ceiling and zap fliers and ground units equally dead with this oversized pest remover.
- Floor Scorcher – By the time they see the fire, it will be too late. Burn entire groups of complacent enemies with this pop-up flaming surprise.
- New Trap Upgrades – You’ve got two new reasons to go back and earn those 5-skull ratings on War Mage and Nightmare levels. With the Artifacts of Power Pack, you can now spend skulls on new upgrades for Shock Zapper and Floor Scorcher.
Orcs Must Die is available now on Steam and Xbox Live Arcade, and features unique strategy action gameplay in which characters defend strongholds against the titular orcs, whose role is mainly to die.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.