DICE opens up 64-player Caspian Border BF3 map to PC beta players

Wednesday, 28th September 2011 18:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

DICE was nice enough to unlock the 64-player Caspian Border map for PC beta testers today.

According to ArsTechnica, players were given a bit to play on the map before the server went down.

A password to enter the server running the map was handed out by a DICE community manager on the official form, and the password was changed at 18:00 CET.

Ars expects the next password to appears either again on the forum or through Twitter, but with only two servers running the map only 128 people can play the map at one given time.

In other words, keep your eyes peeled for your chance.

Operation Metro is the official map available in the Battlefield 3 beta.

1. freedoms_stain

Dick bags.

They know everyone wants to play this and not Operation Chokepointro.

2. KAP

Hahaha!!!

That made me laugh mate. Very true though.

Im expecing HD footage of this one map very very soon. Caspian Border trailer is the only trailer that made me moist this year!

3. warspite

@kap

4. Ireland Michael

Lets see if this map fairs better amongst the userbase. Looking forward to hear people’s thoughts.

5. KAP

Thanx mate. gonna check it out now.

6. Len

That’s beyond annoying.

Pswd works but servers are all full so you can’t get on…b00000!

7. freedoms_stain

@3, Now THAT was Battlefield.

That looked seriously awesome.

8. ItsFade

I played it and it was fucking awesome. So much better than Operation Metro, this felt like a real proper Battlefield map. They changed the access password for the servers since then though.

Here is a short video I captured from the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK4Z-lSB8I

9. freedoms_stain

@8, 3 seats in the MBT? What is the 3rd seat for or is it just passenger? (Personally I think MBT’s should have 4 seats to allow a full squad in)

10. ItsFade

I don’t know, only got to play as a driver and gunner in the 10-15 minutes I played the map. Didn’t even notice the 3rd seat until you mentioned it now lol.

11. freedoms_stain

@10, ah well, if you get in again report back! :p

12. Erthazus

Played it and holy mother of fuck what they have done with one map.

The best military FPS in this generation. What they have done is pretty much outrageous. Details around the map. Destruction.

Destroy everything. Do what you want, enjoy the game. End of story.

Everything works perfectly without jeez in my PC with my GTX 580 and i7 2600K.

Liked the fact that they used a really good thing with missile launcher. Now jets won’t be as badass as before. Everyday noob can lock on and shoot the hell out of it.

surprised on how people started to use jets so fast.

13. ItsFade

I checked the tank, it seems there are only two seats despite screen showing three. I tried moving around in a tank to the third seat but to no avail. DICE has probably forgotten to remove the screen thing.

Definitely, the map is epic. Did you get to fly any of the jets yet?

14. Erthazus

” Did you get to fly any of the jets yet?”

Nope. I will try it later. I think i will suck a lot first times with it.
    It was always with Battlefield games. First you need to learn how to fly properly. :D

15. Len

Just been playing it as well…STUNNING! :)

16. Erthazus

To be honest. After this map, Operation Metro is kinda sucky.

PS: If Activision had Battlefield 3, that One map could cost 15$ :D 100%

17. ItsFade

To be fair, Operation Metro was always kind of sucky lol. It’s easy to get kills and points there though.

18. Erthazus

Operation Metro is more personal and very limited. I don’t like that.

I like oldschool Battlefield map design much more in which they delivered here in every aspect there is.

19. turbulence

While Operation Metro is fun, it’s definitely NOT the Battlefield we were looking for in terms of game play but it’s not “bad”. You get this style of game play in the video below.

20. IL DUCE

While I love Battlefield and have been enjoying the beta since Tuesday…I definitely get the feeling they have spent way too much time on the PC version and not enough time on the console versions (at least the 360 version in my experience) and it shows (graphically, visual glitches, server issues etc.)and I know it’s technically “just a beta” but it’s so close to the release that it has to be pretty close to the final build of the game…it doesn’t make sound business sense to neglect your largest audience b/c no matter how big the Battlefield PC community is, it will not match console sales nor will some PC gamers think twice about pirating the game…

Also the beta runs until Oct 10th…are we really only stuck with one map until then? if they unlocked Caspian Border for the consoles during the last week…that’d be pretty sweet

21. freedoms_stain

@20, bear in mind this beta is not a “current” build, it’ll be many builds back from what they’re working on. Alan Kertz already confirmed on twitter that a lot of the bugs in the beta builds were known and squashed long ago.

This is the issue with open beta’s, people treat them as if they were demos, which they really really aren’t.