Modern Warfare 3 gets another multiplayer trailer

Tuesday, 6th September 2011 10:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

It’s all non-stop Modern Warfare 3 action from now to November 8: the official Call of Duty YouTube’s gone live with a second multiplayer trailer in four days, showing off proper first-person footage. The first trailer got out at CoD XP. Get it below the break.

It’ll be out on PS3, 360 and PC from Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer. A Wii version will also drop from Treyarch at release.

1. HauntaVirus

Wow, that looks like a blast! I just hope there are a ton of new weapons and attachments.

2. nofear360

What do you guys think? To me, it’s too much of “same old, same old”. I recently went over IGN’s list of the new main features and all I could see was changes to the kill streaks (now segmented into classes), some tweaks to the rules (no more nukes or shotguns as secondaries), new streaks and weapons, and that it’s it. Does Activision really think this will pass as a sufficient step forward?

I think Activision will lose market share to Battlefield and won’t see growth compared to Black Ops. In other words, I don’t see this selling more than 25 million by June 2012. Also, I think we’ll see quality drop this year, as in its Metacritic score will be lower than Black Ops – this is how hardcore gamers who liked the previous installments will know it’s an inferior product. Battlefield on the other hand, I can easily see getting a Metacritic score of 90.

Sooner or later, Activision will suffer from not innovating enough. Just ask EA!

P.S. I’m no Battlefield fan, nor am I a CoD fan.

3. Maximum Payne

There are no new attachments only hybrid thing is new…

4. Deacon

@2 I’m pretty sure this game will sell better than Black Ops.

Sometimes it amazes me just how many people are happy to sit and play the same game over and over again.. running around shooting people over and over again.. and again.. and again.

What IF the graphics are mildly improved? And what IF there are a few new weapons available? You’re still playing the same fucking game you were playing last year.

It just amazes me. I think most of it comes down to a sheer lack of intelligence. Pew pew motherfuckers.

5. MadFingerz

I think you meant buying (instead of playing) the same game over and over again.

There’s nothing wrong with playing the same game for years, if it’s a game that you really like. But shedding $40 or more for content that is barely more than proper DLC? Yeah, that defies intellegence.

6. G1GAHURTZ

Do you like football?

7. drewbles82

me personally. this game is fun against friends. Boring against others online unless your working with friends.
    mw2 was the best one for me as it was more fun, the no respawn of enemies was awesome cuz it never became run to checkpoint game like the others, no skill at all.
    Spec ops was an awesome new feature, only bad thing if you were doing it alone and your not a skilled player, you wont get far.

The only good thing from blackops was combat training but even that was bad making it so you gotta have the net and gold membership to use. No point in that, should have been made offline cuz theres still 1000s of ppl with out the net.

I will get mw3 and i see why most get it day one, mainly cuz of the offers. Cost me 25quid day 1 for blackops where it still costs almost 30 2day.

8. Deacon

@6 I’ll watch a game or two around World Cup time. Other than that, no.

@4 Buying, AND to some extent playing.

9. Ireland Michael

I think I’ve played this game before….

10. G1GAHURTZ

Why bother watching at all?

It’s the same game over and over again.. running around kicking a ball over and over again.. and again.. and again.

Do you like any sport?

11. Ireland Michael

Can’t disagree with the football analogy, that’s for sure.

12. Deacon

Like I said G1GA, I watch occasionally. It’s fun occasionally.

My gripe is with the people who pay to play this every day of their life.

And no, I don’t follow or enjoy any particular sport.

13. G1GAHURTZ

Ok, it’s just that it seemed, from your comment, that your gripe was with the fact that people enjoy playing the same game in the same environment.

I just wanted to make the point that there are many, many activities that take place in the same environment with the same rules, that many, many millions of people have enjoyed for centuries, and continue to do so in even greater numbers today.

You may not understand the appeal, but that doesn’t make it any less genuine.

14. YoungZer0

@10: I agree. They should include Perks in Football.

15. OrbitMonkey

If your not a fan, then of course its all gonna look the same. COD Fans who do play regularly, know that the new class system & new killstreak/point reward system will make big changes to the multiplayer.

Plus theirs the new spec-ops mode & confirmed kill mode to get stuck into. I personally can’t wait, but I get It, if some guys who don’t *get* COD are completely nonplussed. I feel the same about fighting games. Cest le ve :)

16. G1GAHURTZ

@14:

Now that would be cool.

And ‘goalstreaks’, too!

Score 3 goals in a row and get a chopper that shoots balls into the other teams net!!

17. Deacon

“You may not understand the appeal, but that doesn’t make it any less genuine.”

Absolutely. It also doesn’t stop me from publicly declaring that I think all aforementioned CoD-heads are 1 bullet short of a full clip.

I don’t know why I felt the need to troll a CoD thread.
    I think no. 1 fired me up.

I’ve had my lunch now so we can all relax.

18. Erthazus

Generic as hell. I know how to play it.

The thing is with a new game when you see it you know shit how to play it, but with this one i know exactly how to play it.

It’s super generic. Except for maybe some exotic devices like Robots with…. machine gun.

19. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah. So generic.

So generic I could easily play it for…

I dunno… at least 500 hours.

20. StolenGlory

“Yeah. So generic.

So generic I could easily play it for…

I dunno… at least 500 hours.”

Coffee. Meet keyboard. :)

21. Ireland Michael

@19 We may have a rivalry / budding homosexual relationship when it comes to our opinions regarding Call of Duty, but I’ll freely admit that that made me laugh my ass off.

22. G1GAHURTZ

Well.

You may have some sexual feelings for me, Michael, but having seen you’re photo, I can definitely say… You’re no Beyoncé.

And that pretty much rules you out of the equation, fella.

23. G1GAHURTZ

double post.

24. StolenGlory

Ok, now THIS is how you make a CoD thread entertaining! :D

25. Ireland Michael

@22 Ouch. Burned for life.

26. HauntaVirus

They should really stop the annual release. I think its too much, even though I thoroughly enjoy cod. But why would they do this when they know millions will buy the new game every year? It comes down to wether they care more about money or the ip and consumers. They obviously care about the $$$ way more.