Halo 4′s Master Chief shines in new teaser artwork

Monday, 5th September 2011 04:35 GMT By Brenna Hillier

343 Industries has produced a gorgeous three-quarter length artwork of Master Chief, teasing Halo 4. Head through the break to see it in all its glory.

The Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 4 is expected in late 2012, but anticipation is already high thanks to the incredible gravity of the franchise and some effective teasing.

CVG had this image; open the image link in a new tab to see it full size.

1. alterecho

That shot/picture demands to be hanged on the main hall and room.

2. Brenna Hillier

Doesn’t it just? I tried to get an even bigger version but the asset delivery system just sat down and cried. It’s huuuuuge.

3. schnide

I know most people don’t seem to feel this way, but for me, Halo was never about Master Chief but the environments and world. I think that’s why Halo 2 onwards really went off the boil for me – I liked Halo CE because Master Chief was silent and so nondescript. It allowed me to be the character I wanted, the way I wanted in that fantastic world.

It’ll be interesting to see where 343 Industries go with this.

4. YoungZer0

Looks less bland than the previous versions … still bland though.

5. xino

looks badass!

i hope 343 will finally allow Master Chief to be a Master Chief!
    in Halo 1-3…he was just a human in a space suit!

They need to make him feel like a REAL super soldier.
    he needs to show his strength in-game, if not in cutscene.

from this teaser looks like something they would go for!

6. Ireland Michael

It looks like… the same, generic armoured space marine I’ve seen in every other game released in the last decade.

*yawn*

7. Christopher Jack

@6, You’ve been overly critical lately, by overly I mean that you’ve gone beyond criticism & are just insulting.

It personally remind me more of the engineer in Dead Space than a Spartan.

8. Ireland Michael

@7 I don’t see how looking at something and considering it boring, derivative and generic is “beyond criticism” when that is in fact entirely how I feel about it.